Amazing Trailer but Bad Movie?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GeronimoJackson, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

2 that immediately come to mind:

Pearl Harbor - Trailer gave me chills when it first came out, couldn't wait to see it. It looked gorgeous, amazing special effects, but the movie was like seeing the beautiful girl with great style that just stands out in the crowd but then when you talk to her, you find out she's dumb.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqeitdH5FX0&feature=fvst"]Pearl Harbor full trailer (with Journey to the Line music) - YouTube[/ame]

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) - The music is hauntingly beautiful and the trailer is so creepy and made it looked like a terrifying movie, but ended up being one of the worst remakes I've ever seen, and how are you going to cut out the dinner scene, really lol?
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg3LWY70rvw[/ame]

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Easy:

Miami Vice
    I Am Legend
    Iron Man 2
    The Strangers
    Public Enemies

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

It's not too hard to make a good trailer..

4. GeronimoJackson

True, there are plenty of good trailers, but I'm talking about amazing, some of the best trailers you ever seen.

5. GeronimoJackson

I really enjoyed I Am Legend.

6. GeronimoJackson

One of the most beautiful trailers I've seen but damn, this movie was so incredibly boring.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejm0XvT3rB8"]The Thin Red Line (1998) Trailer - The Criterion Collection - YouTube[/ame]

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Sucker Punch .. even though I actually liked the movie overall, just that old guy got on my nerves hardcore. The dialogue was weak too.. but the concept was nice.. and eye candy .. ;p

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I wound up never even seeing Cowboys and Aliens. Trailer looked great when i first saw it; as it got closer to release time the trailers revealed more and more until I just didn't care any more. Reviews made me feel much better.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The trailer for Wolverine looked awesome.

The movie was terrible.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

We've got a winner!

The Strangers was absolutely terrible. As for Public Enemies, I probably won't be seeing another Michael Mann movie after that one. Has Mann made anything worth seeing since Heat?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar