Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

American Horror Story

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Creeping-Cruds, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,627
    Watched American Horror Story (FX) last night and it was a very pleasant surprise! Stunningly surprised actually.
    Very unusual pacing - which adds to the non-stop weirdness.
    Jessica Lang and Frances "Goodie Putnam" Conroy are fantastic.

Didn't think TV had the balls to do a show that was actually scary.
    Check this out if you're tired of being force-fed lukewarm BS like Terra Nova and the like.

[IMG]
  1. jplusip Starter

Moolah:
    $4,484
    Really? I had a hard time getting interested in it myself. Then again, I went into it thinking it would be something like Tales from the Darkside with a new story every week, so that probably had a lot to do with it. Also, due to South Park I was waiting to watch the repeat at 11, but the show ran like, 15 minutes over and I didn't realize it, so I thought the end of the show was some weird intro. :ha:

I'll keep watching it though. Could be interesting. I just got kind of turned off by all the "drama" in it; as an old school Fulci fan, I just wants to see creepy ish.
  2. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,585
    I meant to catch this, shoot. Is it on again before next week?
  3. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,809
    I got caught up w/ its always sunny and the league, forgot all about this. Wanted to see it.
    2 people high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,627
    I doubt there will ever be any zombies vs shark fights or people puking out 10 yards of intestines at any time on FX so any Fulci expectations might be a tall order..
  4. jplusip Starter

Moolah:
    $4,484
    Well, I didn't mean I expected it to be like a Fulci flick, I just meant that I didn't expect there to be so much angsty drama going on. I don't know, the whole husband/wife argument turned me off big time.

But the "house" aspect is interesting, and the scene in the basement was decently creepy, so I'll give them that.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,627
    The bit with the housekeeper coming on to the husband - then the daughter peeking in was pure gold..
  5. Big TT Pro Bowler

Klug
    Moolah:
    $10,691
    I watched and was pleasantly surprised with the production value of it. Much better than I had anticipated.
  6. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129
    Thought it was pretty horrible myself...
  7. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,537
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQqiuynMwCQ"]Arnold Schwarzenegger is the Party Pooper - YouTube[/ame]
    3 people high five this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.