American Horror Story

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Watched American Horror Story (FX) last night and it was a very pleasant surprise! Stunningly surprised actually.
    Very unusual pacing - which adds to the non-stop weirdness.
    Jessica Lang and Frances "Goodie Putnam" Conroy are fantastic.

Didn't think TV had the balls to do a show that was actually scary.
    Check this out if you're tired of being force-fed lukewarm BS like Terra Nova and the like.

[​IMG]

2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Really? I had a hard time getting interested in it myself. Then again, I went into it thinking it would be something like Tales from the Darkside with a new story every week, so that probably had a lot to do with it. Also, due to South Park I was waiting to watch the repeat at 11, but the show ran like, 15 minutes over and I didn't realize it, so I thought the end of the show was some weird intro. :ha:

I'll keep watching it though. Could be interesting. I just got kind of turned off by all the "drama" in it; as an old school Fulci fan, I just wants to see creepy ish.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I meant to catch this, shoot. Is it on again before next week?

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I got caught up w/ its always sunny and the league, forgot all about this. Wanted to see it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I doubt there will ever be any zombies vs shark fights or people puking out 10 yards of intestines at any time on FX so any Fulci expectations might be a tall order..

6. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Well, I didn't mean I expected it to be like a Fulci flick, I just meant that I didn't expect there to be so much angsty drama going on. I don't know, the whole husband/wife argument turned me off big time.

But the "house" aspect is interesting, and the scene in the basement was decently creepy, so I'll give them that.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The bit with the housekeeper coming on to the husband - then the daughter peeking in was pure gold..

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I watched and was pleasantly surprised with the production value of it. Much better than I had anticipated.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Thought it was pretty horrible myself...

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQqiuynMwCQ"]Arnold Schwarzenegger is the Party Pooper - YouTube[/ame]

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar