American Horror Story

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by CRUDS, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yFSpml8oSw"]SNL - Debbie Downer Theme Tune - YouTube[/ame]
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 As old as Titan. Tip Jar Donor

Thought this was going to be more like Twilight Zone/Outer Limits/Masters of Horror where it would be a different story/ different characters each week. I was blown away at the end of the first episode when I realized the whole series is based on these characters.

It was pretty good, I was in the mood to watch something slow and creepy. Not sure if I want a whole series based on this premise, but I'll keep watching for a few weeks.
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS GIV'R! Tip Jar Donor

The rare time Kamikaz and I disagree (well there was that Fright Night remake). He'll come around eventually :p.
  4. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Funny, I didn't know people still watched South Park... craziness.
  5. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

I enjoyed the show. It will be interesting to see where it leads. FX somehow manages to bang out some pretty decent shows. In the weeks leading up to AHS's premiere I was practically begging my wife to try it out with me. She of course refused because she thought it was chinsy or whatever... I guess she doesn't like horror flicks. We were laying in bed, I was watching the show and she was on her laptop doing stuff for work. I glanced over a few times and caught her peeking over the top of her monitor watching the show... she adamently denied. Half way through the show all of a sudden I get this 'why did he do this thing and what happened there' sorta thing in my ear... I laughed and asked her why is she watching it, she made so much fun of me for wanting to watch it.

"What?.. I like it"

lol I can't wait till tonight.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Caught this last night, good show. Watched it 2 times, back to back.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS GIV'R! Tip Jar Donor

Upon rewatching the first episode - a favorite bit was when the husband is jogging and you first see the burn victim guy chasing him - dragging that leg - through the park etc.
    Horrifying and comical..
    Not since maybe Twin peaks have there been scenes like that on TV.
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Saw the 1st episode after seeing the 2nd, things make much more sense now. IDK if I like the maid yet.
  9. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

I watched the pilot episode online until my 'puter froze up, so consider that in my response:

It looked good and like a good setup; unfortunately I don't like these types of series that drag a story out depending upon it's success. The 4400, Flash Forward, The Event, etc.. when it's about one incident, I like a movie scenario so the story gets wrapped up in a coupla hours. If it's season three and I still don't know who that baby is I feel used.
  10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Any thoughts now that the season is well under way? I've been enjoying it more and more as each episode continues. Wild story, pretty real good premise I suppose. Like the walking dead, we have us some kid drama. But atleast this baby is the antichrist. Strange fact, but unless you capitalize the a in antichrist, spell check tells you it is wrong.

Jesse would *love* to live in that house, though. Hot dead chicks mucking about and all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.