Americas team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jul 6, 2010.

?
  1. Dallas Cowboys

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. Pittsburgh Steelers

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. New England Patriots

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. Niether. I would say it was..............

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea when they're maybe 7. To want to be a cowboy now means something else less manly.

2. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Sirius NFL had a show on the 4th of July and were asking callers which team they hated the most. By FAR it was the Cowboys (much to the shagrim of Gil Brandt).

and the one thing I have in common with most Steelers fans is I don't live anywhere near Pittsburgh and never have...

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Righr now I'd say the Saints are a lot of peoples soft spot.

Even if you're not a Saints fan it's hard not to wish them well after hurricane Katrina. The Saints became a rallying point for the rebuilding.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Dallas Cowboys hands down. They have a global following and that's considering they haven't won anything of actual significance since their glory days of the 90s.

There isn't a team in sports that I hate more than the Dallas F...in' Cowboys. So that said, they are "America's Team".

Sure Pittsburgh has more rings but Dallas has the Cowboys.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Cuck the Fowboys.

How the hell can you be considered America's team when you have only one victory in the playoffs over the last 13 years?

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

2/3 of the world is covered by Finnegan, the rest is covered by Ed Reed
    I had to do it! Fight nice!

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

im really surprised people have forgotten the 49ers.

back in the 90's they were up there with the Cowboy. now they are nothing.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

in the 50s&60s it was the Brownies believe it or not.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Teams with most Super Bowl appearances/wins:

Steelers: 6 wins/7 appearances
    49ers: 5 wins/5 appearances
    Cowboys: 5 wins/8 appearances
    Patriots: 4 wins/6 appearances
    Packers: 3 wins/4 appearances

If you base it off of those stats, the Steelers are America's team. If I had to pick a team, it'd be them even though they suck. America does some pretty dumb things sometimes, so it's fine.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

There is no such thing as "America's Team," it was just some really good marketing done by the Cowboys. Thankfully, there are plenty of teams with good enough national followings, and there isn't one over the top team. For a while, I thought it was going to be the Patriots after those three super bowls. Thankfully, though, they've faded back into the pack.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar