An Awesome Post From TitansCentral

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

dude, come on.... the titans are a run first team. everyone knows this.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I like the fact that we have a run fast mentality on offense. What i really hate is our defensive style. It's basically lets create pressure at the line and play prevent defense. Anytime someone gets to the second level, it's a big gain because we don't have the fastest players. I think that's a big reason for griffs dropoff. The lack of good play upfront has made him feel more responsible, which may be why he bites so hard on playactions.

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Switch teams for Peyton Manning and Vince Young and suddenly the Titans front office is brilliant and the Colts suddenly have no identity. The quarterback position in this league decides your team. They touch the ball on EVERY offensive play, they make an insane number of decisions on EVERY play. There is a reason the best QB's in this league happen to be on the best teams. It's no coincidence.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I dont think the Colts draft better than everyone else, it's just that they put so much pressure on their rookies to do great from the start, Peyton Manning is a perfectionist and he expects all of his offense to be the same. I've heard of guys being scared of being drafted by the Colts cause they expect so much as a rookie. If Peyton gets pissed off on the field and makes it look like a WR's fault, the coach will not blame Manning that WR is gonna catch the heat or be benched. Peyton is the smartest QB ive seen play the game and he knows what it takes to move the chains.

Like the guy above me said swap Peyton with VY and the Colts wont look so awesome anymore, those draft picks wont seem so smart anymore. no QB in the league will try and be perfect like Peyton and soon their whole offense would slack off as well.

If we had Peyton starting next season, i'd be glad to keep Fisher here as long as he let Peyton run this offense like the Colts do. Peyton would have Kenny Britt and Gage in the Pro Bowl every year .

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

We've never had a QB throw for 3,500 yards.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

seriously? ...

I'm gonna check that out

wow McNair was closest in 2002 with 3387.

back on point OBVIOUSLY Titans are a run first team.

7. 24

24 Starter

You give me Peyton to build a team around, and I could do the same. Maybe better.

8. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Boom! Goes the Dynamite!
    This right here, game, set match.
    End of thread.
    The best thing that ever happened to Bill Polian was finishing dead last the year Peyton Manning went pro.
    We'd probably have multiple SB's if this scenario was what happened.

9. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

You post too many times on the same thread just to advise your logo...Whatever it is, I will never buy it or eat it.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

^^ haha subliminal advertising.

anyway here are my points, one, ppl keep saying manning and i could do it with him; dont be so sure - the management and manning are on the same page. THEY TRUST THEY QB to make the right call and give him the choice. the funny thing is im sure more than just him (ie brady, palmer, etc) can have the success he has given the opportunity to call the play yourself.

Payton receives 3 plays from the OC - a run left, a run right, and a pass - and its paytons job to read the D and make the decision. thats great trust and with its success its a wonder how no other team has tried doing this.

but the colts do get too much credit and the main writer def did giv them too much. not every qb can read d's, but i no more than just him can - one day even young will be able to use instinct to re ad the d and call te right play given teh chance.

the funny thing is that i still only see one ring with them even with all that talent; so something is not right there. for being the most winning-est team for like idn how many years and only one ring to show for it are bad statistics..... Almost as bad as being a HC for a billion years and not gettin a ring.

and as for the draft - impossible for some1 to say its all skill in the draft. 32 teams with stacked management (scouts, management, etc) constantly make wrong decisions picking busts early and letting ppl like finny and brady slide to the 7th round. there is a HUGE element of luck in the draft. im not saying their not good.....im just saying luck plays a bigger role.

who knows how many late round gems there were in the nfl that never got to play. both finny and brady were inserted due to injury and not b/c management saw their potential to play at all-pro level. heck they were the only options and ppl are trying to call that skillful drafting. if the numerous players in the depth chart never got injured they might not exist in the league today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar