An honest question about this offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

With some shake up in the roster so far this offseason is there a realistic possibility that the WR position actually will become more of a threat as Vince Young becomes more and more comfertable with the offense? If so what type of recievers you think will fit this offense? Tall and long or short and speedy? Granted Young was a rookie thrown in the middle of the season but I am not exactly sure what Norm Chows offense is it seems to me Recievers are only a factor as a last resort. Because really we havent seen to much what the two recievers C Roby and RoYdell Williams can do at this point. What you guys think?

Last question but did Limus Sweed come out for the draft this year no I dont think or want him to be drafted by the Titans cause of Vince just a question?

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Limas will enter the draft next year.

Anyways about the reciever question. Brandon Jones and Jonathan Orr are 2 guys that I have high hopes for. Brandon could turn into our number 1 reciever next season at some point , I kinda think he will turn into one of the top recievers that everyone talks about when you think of NFL recievers. Thats just me tho. Now to actually give my view on what recievers we should bring in... Ive been marking out for Stallworth over the past week or so but when I actually think about it.. hes not really a team saver but hes definitly an upgrade. I wouldnt mine bringing him in. Just as long as he can keep the hammy problem away from us. Bad luck with recievers in Tennesee.... Dyson , Calico , Givens... Anyways. Yeah... Stallworth would fit our team but as I said.. definitly not a team saver. Ive heard the name Darrel Jackson a few times over the past few days.. I wouldnt mind him in 2 tone blue but if Seattle wants anything more then a 3rd rounder then screw him. Kevin Curits is another option... I personally dont want him at all.. Hes a fast guy ...but... bringing him in would just be like taking Bennett and squishing him a little and putting him back on the team. Hes just a small version of Bennett. Joe Horn was another name. I would take a shot with him. Nothing more then a 3 year deal tho cuz well.. that boy old.. lol. Justin McCariens. Heres a kid that I really liked. He was not a good fit for the Jets at all.. I think he could be a soild number 2 guy.

I really dont know whats going to happen but my best thing to say would just wait it out. Im sure we will grab someone up sooner or later. We wont leave Vince with mediocer recievers.

I think this year will either be Roby , Williams , or Orrs break out year. Not so much Orr actually cuz this will be his second season. And I havent forgotten about David Givens.. Whenever hes ready I think he will come rite back and be a reliable target for Vince. You gotta remember for the first few games Collins was throwing to him. So we never really got to see what he can do. Vince will like him..:yes:

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

As far as WR's go, it's a wrap for the Titans. We let Bennett go and it's gonna go downhill from there. If you look at the Titans' history with picking up free agent WR's, it's worse than dismal. We take seemingly adequate WR's in free agency and they immediately implode. Just thinking of the Carl Pickens/Yancey Thigpen years makes me cringe. Look at what the "Tn. Curse" did to Givens! Tennessee is where good to decent WR's careers go to die!

Honestly, I have no hope for our offense this upcoming season and my sentiments are felt by players on the team. They are simply aghast that both Travis and Drew were allowed to walk out the door.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, if we're thinking about bringing Brown back for our running game, then I'd say our passing game would have to get better.

5. We just need to wait and see who our WRs are come training camp. I'm confident in Brandon Jones as a starter. And if they add a guy like Kelley Washington or Justin McCareins, then they will be in decent shape at WR. Certainly compared to last year's team...

Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade are not huge losses. Yes, they were 2 of our top 3 WRs, but they are replaceable. And we'll have to wait and see how Roby, Williams, and Orr develop. And how Givens heals up.

Patience is a virtue...

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Can I ask why you are so interested in Kelley Washington? Cuz Ive seen you mention him before. The guy has less than a 1000 career yards and less than 300 yards in the last 2 seasons. Has he been injured or something? Just curious why you seem to be interested in him.

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Its your boy Floyd's fault....

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Don't be talking about my Daddy! He'll trade your a** right out of the country! He'll trade you for 2 Romanians.:ha:

9. First off, he has been behind other good WRs on the depth chart in Cincy (i.e. Ocho Cinco, Housh, Peter Warrick) so he never had much chance to start. But he was a good 3rd WR his first 2 years and the last 2 he has had some injury problems.

Basically, he has talent but hasn't had much chance to prove himself. He could be fairly cheap yet turn in good production. I'm not saying he'll be the next Joe Horn (who was a backup in KC before he signed with the Saints), but he has that potential. And you never know unless you give him a chance...

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Beware of Bengals cast offs :suspect:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar