An honest question about this offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

How good was Drew last season..?
    In someway, him leaving could be considered a mixed blessing if we're able to fix this WR dillema thorugh free agency and the draft, as well as the names already on the roster..

As for Drew.. good luck in St.Louis.. That offense pretty much fits his playstyle.
    The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence, but he'll still have to mow it.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Looks like PacMans gonna get more eps on teh offensive side of the ball!!!

Brandon Jones is our only good wr

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Lots of assumptions there. Pacman may not be allowed to play by that point. He also can't play that much on both sides. And there's no way we're going to go through the entire rest of the offseason without getting at least one more WR.

4. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

we dont need a good number 3 or 2 wr, we need a number 1. washington is not the answer. we can't simply give him a chance, we need our wr to come in and step up right away

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

This has been a very disappointing off-season so far. Not even getting Kevin Carter in here was pretty dismal yesterday, and then the resigning of KCollins is a joke, why are we even talking to him when we should be burning the phones with others?

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I agree with some caveats
    one being that this offense is NOT an explosive attack that puts up large chunks through the air. I think it will be sometime before we see another 1,000 yard 10++TD type WR. I just don't think this offense is geared like that
    I don't think Darrel Jackson or Stallworth could pull it off
    Moss could, but.......
    it just feels like n "elite" wr would be underutilized here

there's a better chance of our TE package to hit those milestones

what we really need is a deep threat to stretch the field and give the underneath a little more room, but to the benfit of the running game more than of the passing game

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I agree, think about it, we get Stallworth to stretch the feild, and draft Jarett, who is a possession reciever, go 3 wide, single back, one TE

we can have Stallworth run the deeper route, Jones and Jarett run medium to short, sometimes with Troupe going short. I think thats a good 250 yds a game passing game, we can then even work of the play action from the shotgun in that set and let Vy get even more time to decide whether hes gonna run or pass

I think they have to make an offense where Vys gonna have the ball in his hands most of the time, mix some runs in, and when its working, go to the run a little more, but if we let Young make the plays, which he ca, the offense can be successful

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

whats the point stallworth will only get hurt or suspended. he will be asking for too much money anyway and he aint worth it.

9. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

If Stallworth is healthy he is one of the best deep threats in the game. Look at what he did last year with McNabb when they were both healthy. They put up huge numbers.

10. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Dont we need a running game to set up play action and or any kind of passing game? Saying that dont we need a running back who can do that as far as I am concerned we dont have a running back on the roster. Anyway we also need the right WR for this offesnse and saying that we also need a WR coach dont we??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar