And the Colts' best assistant coach is ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>We asked for your input earlier this week on who you think the <a href="/blogs/afcsouth/0-7-472/Who-s-the-Colts-best-assistant-coach-.html" target="_blank">Colts' best assistant coach</a> is.</p> <p>This generated little debate among Colts fans -- I suspect because so many figure it an easy choice, but perhaps Colts faithful hate the question, or don't care for the blog or the blogger.</p> <p>Here are a couple responses:</p> <p><strong>LoriWhitesell:</strong> The Colts best assistant coach is <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1428" target="_new">Peyton Manning</a>. It's true. I've seen him on the sidelines at home games. He hardly ever just sits there. When Saturday was out with an injury he coached up the back-up center. When Sorgi plays he always goes to Peyton during time outs. I've heard John Madden say "when Peyton's out there it's like having a coach on the field". You can't argue with Madden.</p> <p><strong>coof20:</strong> John Teerlinck is, though i wanna see the colts give him a DT to really put that D-line over the top Beef it up a little along with the linebackers.</p> <p>I've got to go against you both here and I believe many would agree that offensive line coach Howard Mudd qualifies as the Colts best assistant.</p> <p>If we assign undrafted players eighth-round status, then the eight players Mudd had at the end of the season averaged a draft position of 5.4. Mudd crafted a unit that did well to keep Peyton Manning upright (just 14 sacks) with no first-rounder and just two second-rounders. This Colts team didn't run well which is something that will be an issue moving forward, and the team will look to him to help fix it.</p> <p>That's what the team has come to expect of him. He may do more with less than any assistant coach in the NFL.</p>

More...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar