And the Hollywood version of OLDBOY could be directed by...

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

My avatar is accepting this news better than I am. With class, maybe even intense contemplation. I am not.

*Excuses self to vomit*

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I have more interest in watching Spike Lee directing traffic.

The writer and the director are terrible decisions.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I know Will Smith was attached (or at least in talks) at one point early on. But I though this got the ax awhile back?

I think Spike Lee is a really good director despite my disagreements with him on a personal level. So I don't necessarily hate the choice. I do however hate the choice to remake this movie in the first place. It's doomed no matter who directs it really. It's going to end up being so toned down for the sake of mass appeal that it will defeat the whole purpose.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Wouldn't put butts in the seats but I think Bryan Cranston would be excellent in the leading role. There's probably a hundred hungry no-name directors who could deliver the goods with this tale. If they wussify the story, then don't even bother making it.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Both Will and Denzel need to step away from acting.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah and make sure they pay their taxes unlike Blade boy

I need too watch Oldboy. Fact that they made it two word title now tells me they are clueless, rich but clueless

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Tried my hardest to watch Oldboy. I could tell within the first 30 mins that it was just going to be one of THOSE movies.

Hate that pretentious weird stuff. It was hard to stay awake while they tried too hard to make it seem interesting.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I like Will, but for the love of God, please no, not this again. A few years back Spielberg and Will Smith wanted to remake it but talks eventually died. Oldboy is like Elvis, just leave the originals alone.

In fact, America needs to just leave the foreign classics alone. I'll give Fincher the benefit of the doubt.

What's next, a City of God remake but taking place in Compton? lol

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

You can't judge this movie if you didn't even finish it. Especially since it's a movie ultimately defined by the ending.

Minor spoilers below

That was the beauty of it, finding out it was just a simple game of chess, one jab at you, one jab at me and so on, except there were no winners in this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar