And the luck for Luck continues ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If he's better than average then why does Jake Locker have a higher passer rating and better completion percentage than him?

And why did he throw more INTs than TDs against our garbage defense?

And why did he turn the ball over more than everyone in the NFL not named Mark Sanchez?

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im not even about to try to defend Andrew Luck lol, if you want to say he average, ok, but IMO he's a good QB

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

yeah, watching Luck he is definitely average. He does have Wayne that bails him out of a lot of bad throws, and makes him look better. Most people want to look at his stats and say he is great because of how many yards he threw for, but the dude was throwing 40-50 times a game ... he better have a lot of yards.

In both of the games we played Luck, they took the ball out of his hands and starting running when they were down. Both times they came back because of the run game. But of course the comeback credit goes to Luck.

4. JCBRAVE

Shoot, Id call runs vs us too if I was them. We cant tackle!

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

An average QB is a good QB.

QBs I would throw Luck in with:

Schaub
    Cutler
    Flacco
    Dalton
    Freeman
    Smith

Those are average QBs... and Luck belongs with them for now. He's definitely not a top 10 QB like he's hyped up to be.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I personally wouldn't call Schaub, Cutler and Flacco just "average". But I suppose that's just semantics. And I'd put Luck above Freeman, Dalton, and Smith. Plus he was just a rookie last year. People can say "oh the Colts threw a ton" all they want. But 4,400 yards as a rookie is still impressive. Common sense would tell you that he's most likely just going to get better. I think he'll easily be the best QB in the division this year. Not that he has very much competition.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Based on what I saw last year, the most impressive thing about him is he seems to have a knack for making something out of nothing. Kinda reminds me of Roethlisberger in that way. Call that "luck" if you will. But when you do it on a regular basis there's something to it.

8. JCBRAVE

I dont think Luck will develop that much honestly, he's a lot like Dalton like that, theyre both already polished QB's.

Obviously the longer they play the better they'll be, but I dont see either of them ever crossing into that Eli Manning-Philip Rivers territory. I dont think Luck ever knocks on the door of being an elite QB like Rivers and Manning seem to be doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar