And with the 2011 NFL draft, the Titans select............

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Shanvhere, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd rather have Jake Locker than Cam Newton. Remember last year.. Locker was the #1 QB prospect and was going to go #1 overall. Now, he had a injury-full Sr. year and he's dropped off the radar. Could be a steal for us... (if we take a QB).

Here's my Top 12 Big Board for the Titans:
    Andrew Luck
    DaQuan Bowers
    Nick Fairley
    Patrick Petersen
    Ryan Mallett
    Prince Amukamara
    Marcel Dareus
    Jake Locker
    A.J. Green
    Robert Quinn
    Cameron Newton

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Has anyone who wants Locker actually watched him play?

3. 24

24 Starter

I've watched him play for 4 years now. He lost his confidence this year after playing with some very lackluster talent. He is very athletic though (mobile, killer arm), and I think he compares well to Aaron Rodgers. If we let him sit for 1-2 years, like Rodgers, I think it'll pay huge dividends. Scheme also matters.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

Mallett is all arm, and isn't consistent with plays requiring touch or avoiding the back pick.

Locker has been very off this year compared to last, not sure why the clamor for him considering.

5. 24

24 Starter

If I had to guess, I'd say Locker won't get a 1st round grade by most teams. There were rumors that one of the reasons he went back to school was because the draft committee projected him to go in the 2nd round. Stupid McShay and Kiper just made people believe he was going to be the 1st overall pick.

Mallett does have a very strong arm. I think he's improved his accuracy this past year, and his over the top release will allow for more growth in that area. His feet don't impress me though. Bill Walsh once said he knew Joe Montana was going to be good just by looking at his feet. Mallett may improve though.

These are just my opinions on how these prospects compare to current/past NFL players physically. That doesn't mean they'll be as good, better, or worse. Lot of it depends on scheme, coaching, surrounding talent, etc.

Andrew Luck = Eli Manning
    Ryan Mallett = Kerry Collins
    Jake Locker = Aaron Rodgers
    Cam Newton = He's unique. No one really like him. I'd say McNair, but I wouldn't be doing justice to McNair's pocket passing or Newton's running ability.

6. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

yeah, there is someone just like him

Cam Newton = JaMarcus Russell V2.0

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd agree with this.

I think Mallett is a little like Phillip Rivers as well.

Cam Newton could be compared to VY...

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

No not at all. Russell had 1 great game against a crappy Notre Dame team and he's lazy. I don't see that at all with Newton. Still aren't sold but I'm getting swayed.

9. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Although he had a pretty crap year, Locker just looks like a franchise quarterback, and I for one would be delighted if we grab him mid first round.

We really need to clarify the fisher and Vy situation before we anticpate the upcoming draft.

If fisher stays I reckon we take Cam Newton or Locker in the first round, if he goes is time to load up on D, and let VY prove he isnt a total wimp.

10. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

One year wonder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar