And with the 2011 NFL draft, the Titans select............

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Shanvhere, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Who Newton or Russell?

2. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

Newton ... Newton played @ some Jr College last season, that for me kind of makes this year a 1 year wonder

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

That doesn't make sense. He's only played D1 for 1 year.

4. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

And been absolutely dominant.

I'm kind of with you Eddy. I'm not totally sold on Newton as a pro prospect yet, but if he turned into a really good QB I wouldn't be that surprised.

He's a monster specimen, has a strong arm, is very mobile, and can obviously handle adversity. The big question is how he will perform in a pro-style offense. I'm an Auburn fan and I'm not sure I'd like seeing the Titans take a chance on him. But someone will and I'm interested to see how he develops.

Now if a series of large miracles happened and Andrew Luck ended up falling to us I'd be bouncing off the walls with excitement.

5. 24

24 Starter

Rumor is Luck will not enter the draft. If that's true, then next year's QB class will be amazing. Luck, Gabbert, Foles, and likely Barkley. Maybe we should hold off on drafting a QB for another year.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

The scouts' knock on Newton (beside character concerns) is that, while he throws a nice deep ball, he does NOT have a strong arm.

7. 24

24 Starter

Who says that? From what I've seen, his arm is pretty **** good.

This is all I could find on short notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzjcvJGWx_M

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

You guys are selling me on Newton as not an absolute bum.....Wow.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Next thing you know he'll play great in the national championship game and be at the top of everyone's wish list...

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I still wanted Cutler. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar