Anderson Silva Injury (UFC)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Hammer, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Actually, they both fought at light heavyweight. They're middleweights- but point remains- you don't see any old welters in there. They're not fast enough.

Find me one known as the best on earth at that age... not washed up still collecting paychecks.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

out of curiosity what exactly is your position reguarding MMA and boxing?

its confusing to me

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

MMA is the equivalent to drunken bar fighting or frat boy tussles you see.

Boxing is an actual science.

Granted, it's been ruined by corrupt managers and the like, but the event itself.

You notice how any washed up athlete can get an MMA fight? Doesn't happen in boxing for some reason...

4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I had to laugh at this... You must of only watched drunk Liddell fights. MMA takes a crazy amount of preparation, idk what drunk fights or why you are watching frat boy tussles ( I don't judge ) but it's nothing close to that.

It is. But so is MMA. You don't just have to prepare for boxers, you have to prepare for Karate, black belts in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, NCAA national champion wrestlers, World class kick boxers... And so on. How is that not a science?

I agree to a extent... I think more so greedy promotors is the down fall of boxing. Don King, Bob Arum... Must I say more?

yes. Amateur MMA. Same could be said about boxing or any sport for that. S*it u could go play semi-pro football, does that discredit the NFL?? What washed up athlete actually went to professional MMA such as UFC and not some over seas gig???

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar