Andre Johnson stays in AFC South

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He made it to AFC Championship. Pats are his kryptonite, period (and the rest of the league's last year) He did win 2 more playoff games in 1 season than the Titans have won since '03, for a sense of scope.

Losing against the Super Bowl champs when you are the clear underdog (to anyone who knows the history) isn't choking, IMO. He just isn't Brady caliber yet, and most likely never will be.

If Colts continue their easy 10 wins from this horrible AFC south, and have to face the right combination of teams (no Pats with Brady) then I could easily see them going to, if not winning a Super Bowl. the era of these HoF QBs is coming to an end, and mediocre is the new elite.

When Brady leaves, the AFC is going to be wide open.. no real powerhouses. Manning's Broncos are going downhill fast, and Brady can't have too much longer.

A variety of teams could be the next big AFC teams, and Colts have to be in the top few on that list.. unless the Broncs or the Pats find a great QB after their old guys retire. I feel like the Steelers time is over, and the Ravens are always solid, no matter what, it seems like.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Im beginning to think they had big plans. Then one by one, rejection by rejection, they have lost their wind. Theres still guys to be had, but the big splash plan fell through.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

i don't really see the relevance, we aren't winning the division any time soon, and by the time we are even sniffing that possibility, he'll probably be gone

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Andrew Luck beats up on the bad teams and gets creamed vs the good ones. Even the week before in Denver he was a liability.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  5. nickmsmith

Beating up on bad teams is what it takes sometimes. In this bad division, that and a bit of luck is sometimes all it takes for a SB run. Pats are his only true downfall, and their number is up, shortly.

You gotta get to the playoffs, and after that, all bets are off. The Colts get it done, and the rest of this poor division rolls out the red carpet for them.

Let's face it, if you aren't a 2007 Pats-like juggernaut team, some bounces have to go your way to even get to the big show. After the Pats, I'd give the colts as much of a chance as anyone but the Ravens and Patriots after last season.

6. JCBRAVE

Brady's not his kryptonite, good DC's are. If you take away Andrew Lucks legs, he's a very average QB.

7. nickmsmith

I didn't say that Brady was.. I said the Pats are. They stymie him defensively, and Brady lights up the Colts defense. He cannot keep up.

8. JCBRAVE

Either way, as long as theres good defenses, he will continue to flounder in the post season IMO.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I agreed with you till the last statement. There is nothing going on big here. I just don't have any reason to believe this group is capable of pulling off something big.

10. JCBRAVE

Wilfork is pretty big, if they signed him Im be very impressed. Dan Williams is no longer an option so next best NT is Wilfork..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar