Andrew Luck out 2-6 weeks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Roscoes Wetsuit, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 615nick

615nick Starter

I'm not at all argueing that the titans shouldn't look at other options. But, if he takes this team to the playoffs going 6-3 to finish the season, it would be hard to make case for any available hc, as better than him. That equates to 10-6 or 11-5 in a whole season, that's a good year for this roster. Just name few guys that in your mind (that are available), that would get this team to 10-6 without a doubt. The answer is no one can. It's a crap shoot.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He was assistant head coach and outranked the offensive coordinator. Let's deal in facts.

Outside of perhaps LeBeau, he was the most powerful coach not named Whisenhunt.

He gets some blame.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

what do you think assistant HC's do?

4. TorontoTitanFan

The much better question here is what do you think they do?

Because the answer isn't just coach tight ends.

5. JCBRAVE

yea it pretty much is, try maybe watching Mularkey speak in his interviews...

6. TorontoTitanFan

He had the same title as LeBeau. I guess LeBeau doesn't do anything important, either, huh?

Get the f*ck out of here with this stupid sh*t. It's embarrassing when you launch into these arguments without the facts and then don't just admit that you're wrong. You just keep digging.

Anyone else want to back up JC and argue Mularkey didn't have a big role on offense under Whisenhunt? Anyone?

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

looks like somebody caught a case of some tender feelings when he was told he was wrong..

Mularkey held a title of assistant HC, nothing more than a glorified TE coach... And lebeau is a coordinator, thats different than a position coach FYI

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Let's face the facts... Whisenhunt was obviously a dictator on the offense. I doubt any coach had a lot of sway with the schemes or playcalling. Any HC that is also OC is likely a control freak.

What role would Mularkey have if the HC is drawing up, implementing, and calling the plays??

My assumption (and that's all we have) is that MM did nothing more than advise Whiz.. If that. People with big egos don't take advice very well.

If Mularkey called the plays, I may believe that he was a significant force behind the crummy offense of whiz's.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

coaching the TE's

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

Yep, i will back up jcb. If you actually watched the team you'd see it too. Was the o the same under mm and whiz? No, not at all, a very different plan. Whiz was/is a comtrol freak over his o and his asst coaches had little to do with the game plan. Now mularky is using the entire staff, not just doing it alone. Asst head coaches don't always have big roles. Lebeau does, but that's a whole nother topic.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar