Andrew Luck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MariGOATa, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think he's Aaron rodgers little brother or something.
    Plenty of argument room out there I'm sure, but playoff rating? That's the defining stat?

• LOL LOL x 2
  2. HurrayTitans!

Montana? Who's arguing for him?
    He only had a 95.6 playoff rating.
    Can't even hold Rodgers jock sitting up there with his 99.4.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Last year there were some teams that generally may have had the talent but didn't have the coaching (DAL, ATL, KC).

There are other teams that may have had the defense but had crippling OL or QB issues (SEA, HOU, DEN).

There were other teams that had major injuries to a unit or a key player (PIT, GB secondary).

The teams that had good coaches had flawed squads for various reasons (NO, BAL).

But at the end of the day NE's braintrust is the big advantage. Until these other coaching staffs consistently raise their games NE with Brady will be in it every year. The NE braintrust is worth 3 points in every match up because they generally don't screw up the clock or game management. Bet Atlanta would have liked to have those 3 points in regulation last year in the SB.

Maybe a couple if the teams I mentioned above clean up their problem spots and rise up in 2017 although the teams with coaching issues are in a bad spot. The Pats win a lot of games on a single play, but really it's just playing sound football 98% of the time that keeps them in games. As someone who has often pointed out how fluky their wins are, at some point it's not a fluke anymore.

I give Brady more credit for the Seattle Superbowl win, I'll take back what I said since Seattle was the #1 pass defense that season but Brady was able to move the ball against them. The Falcons were 28th in pass defense last season. 27th in points allowed per game. Brady tore them up in the second half, but they weren't that great to begin with.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

Just re-read this statement. I don't think it comes up often but to argue this point, it's no more ridiculous to say a WR/RB single handedly won a SB than a QB.

Marcus Allen
    John riggins
    Larry csonka
    Franco harris all had SB performances that were dominant enough to say the game was won strictly by their play.

Jerry rice (more than once)
    Ricky sanders
    Max mcgee
    Lynn swann
    All make cases that without them playing, their team would have lost.

Can add a series of defensive players as well and in 1 wierd case, someone felt the need to give Desmond Howard MVP as a ST.

5. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Blown way out of proportion but what else would you expect from bleacherreport.

Every team sucks without their franchise qb except for the teams who cheat(pats). Packers without Rodgers are trash, falcons without Ryan would suck, and we've seen how the Steelers play without Big Ben.

Luck will come back and everyone will calm down.

6. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Colts been handcuffed by Pagano incompetence for years, but refuse to part ways. Only year they ever looked dangerous he was in hospital with cancer and Bruce Arians was coach. Surprise, surprise - they went to AFC championship game.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

That was after the 2014 season, and Pagano was the coach. He's had three 11 win seasons and two 8 win seasons with more holes in the roster than anyone else who has had comparable success.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

He was also given 6 wins a year in the worst division in the NFL during that span.

How many top 5 picks have Ten, Hou and Jax had since luck entered the league

9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Yeah,the entire AFC has been a joke during most of that time. Teams like the Colts and Chargers never should have made it past the first round, yet were in championship games. I'm just not sure how much more Pagano can do with no defense or protection for his QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar