Andy Dalton

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Pettis isn't a bad option, but his combine workouts weren't good. I'm not one to go solely off workouts, and in Pettis' case, that's a good thing because his combine workouts didn't reflect his play. I think with all that said, we could have him in the 4th, maybe 5th round.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't know how Pettis and Smith remind you of each other... Maybe you're thinking of Titus Young?

My personal favorite for a 3+ round WR would be Jerrel Jernigan or Titus Young. However, I seriously doubt and hope the Titans take a WR this year.

Britt is a legit #1. Nate Washington is average. Damian Williams still has potential. Justin Gage is still serviceable. Mariani is a great returner, maybe he'll see some playing time at WR. Plus, there's a lot of decent WR FAs (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/wr.html). Hopefully we focus on other positions in the draft and stay away from WR, in the early rounds.

3. JCBRAVE

Oh wow, how did I forget about Mariani..... He'll be in the same boat as Hawkins coming into camp. Mariani has good hands and instincts, he should do well when his number is called.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I think we have enough offensive weapons to make any QB successful if used properly. We need to address our interior line before we worry about receivers.

Britt can be elite
    Nate can be great from the slot
    Williams has potential. He was the guy who was polished and sure handed so I'm not sure where all this talk of getting Britt a compliment is coming from. We used a 3rd round pick on him so I think giving him a chance before drafting another WR would be in our best interest because he looked good in limited action.
    Gage I'm hoping is cut
    Hawkins could be half good I blame him not panning out on Fish/Heimy so hopefully the light comes on with Palmer
    Mariani a Pro Bowl return man and maybe that is all he will ever be but he deserves some looks for more PT

We also have Cookie at TE

5. JCBRAVE

First and foremost, don't call him "Cookie". Jeff Fisher and his butt buddies reverse that name for Jared Cook.
    We really don't have enough offensive weapons. We have Kenny Britt and Chris Johnson, that's it. Nate Washington is too inconsistent to be a starting NFL WR, therefore I say move his butt to the slot, and get us a No.2

Williams someday may be able to emerge as our No.2, but today he isn't.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I like Pettis as a prospect as much as Titus Young. Good size, strong body, great hands. Not great straight ahead speed but he had a solid cone time and he had the best shuttle time of any participant in the combine!

He can also get stronger in the upper body. Great value in the 4th rd but i would have no complaints about getting him in rd 3.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't see much value in getting a WR in the middle rounds when we would be better suited to get an OL, DL or LB, maybe S if we haven't drafted one already. Maybe a guy as a value pick later in the draft. If we go WR early it should be in the 1st or 2nd round where we can get a legit #2 WR to compliment Britt.

Washington is decent but he isn't good enough. Really he isn't much of an upgrade to Gage. Neither are as good as Williams who should take the #2 spot if we don't go WR high. It would be nice to have a guy in the 2 spot that can do some of the same things Britt can do. That takes pressure off Britt and CJ both.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

First and foremost I'll call him what I want. I felt like saying Cookie today and tomorrow I may call him J-Cook it really doesn't matter in the big picture of things.

I said move Nate to the slot where he would be a nice deep threat. How do you know Damien isn't ready to be the #2?

If used right J-Cook could be a weapon and showed that at the end of the season. Arguably the #1 RB/Weapon in the league in CJ a soon to be elite #1 WR in Kenny Britt, and an athletic pass catching TE who our OC is very high on. I think we have bigger problems than needing another weapon on offense when we don't have a QB yet, our interior line Amano/Harris were pathetic, and our defense which was at the bottom of the league in just about everything has a few holes that need addressed before we draft another WR.

9. 24

24 Starter

Pretty much agree with everything you said (even the Cookie comment, call him whatever the hell you want), except with moving Nate to the Y. Nate has deep ball speed, keep him at the Z. Damian Williams has the perfect quickness, COD, and hands to play the Y. Short to intermediate routes are his forte. Plus, add in Mariani, I'd say we're set at WR. I don't get these people asking for WRs in the first.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'll admit the Titans probably have as good of WRs top to bottom as they have had since coming to Nashville. So if we don't get any WRs in this draft we should be fine. But if we have a chance to get a guy who is the compliment to Britt it raises the bar considerably. Especially with CJ in the back field. It simply gives defenses too much of the field to cover. They are forced to play their Ss back and spend more time in the nickel. That is the key to success IMO.

Also we saw what happened last year when Britt got hurt. We simply didn't have the horses on the outside to pressure the defense vertically. They jammed the LOS to stop CJ. Non of our WRs required double coverage. If we get a guy who is hard to handle one on one we have assurance even if another key player were to miss time the offense can still be effective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar