Annoying problem while watching Blu Rays....

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Bobo, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I've noticed something I think on every BR movie I've watched recently since getting my PS3. I think the term may be called "ghosting". When there are fast or even just moderately fast movements on the screen, there's like a ghost image that shows for a second in the space where the moving object is coming from.

Seems like some movies are worse than others. Whatever it is, it's very annoying. The BR pic quality on my TV is excellent, but this problem is negating the value of my new toy a bit :hmm: Anyone got any thoughts on how or if this is fixable?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

don't think its the blu-ray movie or the console, its probably the tv. my last hdtv did that with brighter images(such as white jerseys in the football games) and my new one doesn't have a problem with it.

you have a lcd hdtv, don't you?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

It's a KDS-55A3000 which uses Sony's SXRD-based technology. I don't recall seeing this problem while watching any TV (HD or SD), my old HD DVD's, or any games.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I haven't had that issue at all, and I've tried a bunch of blue rays. It's got to be the TV.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

i don't have that problem. my tv is similar to GoTitans3801's.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Yeah it is! I'm loving mine, how about you?

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

9. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

more then anything, it is either your tv or a low grade hdmi cable. i have a tv kinda like bi polar, but have a monster 1000 series hdmi cable (bought on best buy discount) and have no issues with my ps3. or maybe, the tv gods feel you have done them wrong in some way and they want to mess with you!:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar