Annual Stadium Atmosphere sucks thread...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hrudy18, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrudy18

hrudy18 Camp Fodder

It's that time of year again before the first Titan's game we all (The ones who attend the games) ponder the following question:

Will the stadium atmosphere improve from last year? Let's face it, the music they play is awful/overplayed, the food is lacking, beer is insanely expensive, the videos are getting old, intro song for the players (Woo Hoo song) has got to go, and I'm tired of watching the freakin peanut go in circles (This year it may even be in HD on our new Jumbotrons!).

Only 4 more days to go till opening day. I'm holding on to a glimmer of hope. However, I know during the first quarter, I will again hear "Start me up" by the Rolling Stones for the 1,000,617 time.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Maybe Vick can take care of that stupid-A Shoe Carnival dog when the Falcons come to town.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

teams are allowed to play music the nfl OKs, it's not as if they choose to play the same stuff every year while the other 31 teams in the league change things up every year.

beer is insanely expensive everywhere else in the league, welcome to pro sports....

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

an NFL game without "Start me up" is not an NFL game...blasphemy...

5. hrudy18

hrudy18 Camp Fodder

I thought the same things until I visited a Predators game. The price was only 5 dollars compared to 8 dollars at the Titans game. Problem is they could make the price 10 dollars and I would still find myself buying a beer. Drinking a Pepsi and watching football just doesn't seem natural.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I haven't been to a game in a few years, but I must admit all the crud going on did not enhance the game, but actually distracted from it. Sadly, you have people that make money by putting these "shows" together, and you can bet some of these people don't quite grasp football, or the intensity of it all. Cue the organ grinder and the monkey.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I'm looking forward to the new jumbotrons...

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The best thing they can do at LP would be to expand one of the endzone areas up so the TSU Band could be at every game playing instead of the piped in junk.

Then get serious about more cameras on the sidelines, on fans, replays, highlights from years past, graphics, etc on the new jumbotrons.

Do NOT show any more contests or commercial on the jumbotron. I dropped $60 on my seat. I don't need to have commercials in my face throughout the game too (I wish). If we are going to be force-fed commercials and contests, at least be more original instead of the SOS each week.

Get some variety in food in the stadium. I get more options at a Sounds game.

Get live music going in and around the concourse areas. They guys that played in front of the stadium on plastic cans and stuff was fun. Heck, a juggler or magician or two would be more fun than nothing.

As much as it hurts me to say it, keep the beer prices the same. I have enough wankers around me as is sucking down multiple beers. If it was cheaper, you couldn't take a kid to the game anymore.

9. ONUV

ONUV Starter

like we're gonna spend unnecessary money

10. hrudy18

hrudy18 Camp Fodder

TitanJeff, you would think they would play on the "Music City" thing more. I agree that some live music would definately enchance the atomsphere.

I love the idea about bringing the TSU band in. This could be a benefit of their football team ripping our field to shreds the day before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar