Another DE on the market. KC's Jarred Allen anyone?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

Chiefs | Allen requests trade Published Sun Feb 25 10:20:00 a.m. ET 2007
    (KFFL) Elizabeth Merrill and Randy Covitz, of the Kansas City Star, report Kansas City Chiefs DE Jared Allen has requested a trade from the team due to a contract squabble. Allen formally requested the trade when a meeting between his agent and the team did not produce a contract proposal. The team, instead, plans to tender the restricted free agent March 1. Both sides are considered far apart on an extension, according to Allen's agent. "It doesn't look like my future is going to be (in Kansas City)," Allen said. "I wanted to finish my career there." "I feel shocked and hurt. Requesting a trade was probably the toughest thing I've had to do. It's nothing personal against the town of Kansas City and the fans. It's been great. (But) it doesn't look like my future is going to be there, and I have to accept that. That's why this is so hard. All the hard work I've put in, the blood, sweat and tears…I wanted to finish my career there. ! I was led to believe I was going to."

2. You can bet the Titans aren't about to trade for a guy with his off the field problems now...

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

What were Allen's off field issues? I forget. I thought it wasn't really bad.

4. He has 2 DUIs since getting into the NFL, but I believe he had other issues in college as well...

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Ah just get him some AA help and sign him up :guzzle:

6. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

I'll take him. Him and Vanden Bosche :)

7. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

The Chiefs have said that they won't trade him, and will tender him next week. Plus there is a possibility that he will get some sort of suspension for his second DUI offense.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Don't care sign him ASAP please. And get him some AA problem solved. Or stick him with KVB all year make them room together KVB will stear him right and teach him a work ethic.......not saying he doesn't have one but KVB has a motor.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you say that now. i would love to this board's reaction if he was a titan and he got that third DUI. i remember people wanting Finnegan cut after his one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar