Another draft poll : Let's say...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Jan 30, 2006.

?
  1. You take Matt and play to the strenth of the scheme

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. Matt is not the guy...trade out and find another player

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

ok... Vince Young and Reggie Bush are gone #1 & #2 or whatever...
    The Titans are on the clock...

Is it insane to take Matt Leinart straight up?
    Is trading out the right thing to do?
    i.e. angle for Hawk, Brick, Cutler...

How far do you trade down before you get stupid?

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, if the right trade offer is there, we trade of course, problem is forecasting what the right trade offer should be. I wouldn't trade further than #9 though, and even then there's a big chance all 3 quarterbacks will be gone.

3. I don't like Leinart that much. Trade down with someone who wants him or just pick someone else.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that would make me sad .....
    my gut would tell me to trade out

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i've heard it from 'around the way' a few folks thinkin' we take Cutler @ 3
    it doesn't make sense from 'value' standpoint. but neither did Kevin Dyson/Andre Woolfolk / Joey Kent

6. I hope the Titans take Vince Young. Now from a value standpoint, per senior bowl and combine results, Andre was ranked Third among available Corners in the 2003 draft. Don't take my word, go back and check it.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Insider/2003/Printout2CB.htm

The other two ahead, Newman and Trufant were gone. So if the Titans were looking to draft a corner with their first pick then they followed protocol. From a Value standpoint, they were on point when they picked. You're basing your statement on what you feel about him since then. At the time of the pick it made sense.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

Agreed.

8. SuperFreak90

SuperFreak90 Starter

1. To trade down you gotta find someone willing to give up picks and take the #3 spot, from what i'm hearing no one wants it.
    2. I don't think the Texans will take Vince Young, but if they do I can tell you that I bet the farm that the Saints will take Lienart before Bush, just because QB is what they need and that's which way they are going.

9. If Bush is there at #2, the Saints will trade down a few spots and still be able to get Leinart.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i wouldn't be surprised to see NO trade out altogether
    Benson (sp) and his cheap @$$

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar