Another ex-Titan cut: Lo Neal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes... trick plays are completely new ideas.

Also, the Music City Miracle wasn't even original. It was used in college many years ago and Lowry kept it in his back pocket.

I believe the #3 RB was active all of last year when all 3 RBs were healthy. Meanwhile, a backup FB would be inactive every week...

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What? Where did I say anything like that?

My point is, if someone had come on here before the MCM ever happened and said, "I have this great idea for a KR. It's called the Homerun Throwback. Let's use it if we are ever in trouble." I'm guessing the response would be similar to....

:pigfly:

Hmmm I didn't remember it that way with the RBs but maybe I'm incorrect. I know Henry was suspended those 4 games, maybe that's throwing me off.

WHY does a backup FB HAVE to be inactive every week? Because that's the way it's always done? IF there was good use for 2FBs then they wouldn't HAVE to be inactive every week.

Now I understand you think LoNeal and Hall on the same roster would be a waste and one would be inactive every week. But just because you think that, and just because the norm for NFL teams it to only have 1 active FB, doesn't mean that's the way it has to be.

3. Unless the starting FB is hurt, the backup has no value other than perhaps special teams. Even the starter doesn't play but half the offensive snaps.

There is no practical reason to have a 2nd FB on the field other than on rare jumbo packages. And on those plays, they can simply use a TE or even a DT to block.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree SK.

But, if a team were to theoretically have the two best FBs in the game (not saying Hall and LoNeal equal that) then I would hope they could scheme a way to get both involved in a game.

If nothing else, having two solid FBs would keep them fresh all game. It would be an added bonus if one of those FBs were a standout in Kickoff/Punt coverage.

On a side note, I want to see our Titans maximize Vince's running talents. Whatever it takes. I'm not sure LoNeal would make a difference, but if the FO thought it possible then I'd like to see us pursue any avenue that would help our QB as a running threat.

5. But that's kind of like saying if we had the 2 best QBs in the game you'd like to put them both in the field. The role of a FB is fairly limited.

As for Vince's running, I'd prefer we not maximize it. I'm not saying he should only be a pocket passer, but the more he runs the more like he is to get hurt. And if he can't be a good passer then he can't be counted on to play QB in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar