Another Florida TE

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

He seems really light for a TE
  3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He is light, and some say he should be a WR. I do like what I've seen as a receiver. I didn't think to watch him closely as a blocker though, although I'd be surprised if he is much of one at his size.

Reminds me of Tamme, and if these guys are below avg blockers like Troupe, I don't think they fit in very well. Maybe they can bulk up and be good blockers, who knows.
  4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

He is certainly quick enough to be a Colston-like WR.
  5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah maybe he could be a good, big WR. But he also could be a bit like Mike Williams....but maybe the Titans like that :lol:
  6. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

Heck if the kid runs a sub 4.5 he would be faster than Mike Williams. If we do go TE in the first two rounds we better get a real stud. Unless we can find someone who is a decent upgrade to Scaife we will have wasted a pick, especially that early.
  7. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

There is nobody at TE that deserves a first rounder this year. He is similar to Tamme, both of which are definitely guys we should consider.

Remember, the problem with Troupe is that he's a dunce that is never in the right place (plus the injuries).
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

There's someone that catches on Florida other than Harvin?
  9. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

why bother? UF doesn't try to run the ball anyway.
  10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah that's why I liked watching Carlson and Davis this year. You'd see them block as on the line TE's like you'd see here. The guy from Missouri, Rucker, was used more like a receiver too. Hardly saw him block.

I'd be surprised if we took a TE that may be a liability as a blocker. That's why Davis and Carlson seem like the two most likely candidates to me. Maybe Cottam later.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.