Another good Fisher take....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Too bad nobody else said the same thing. Glazer's comments basicaly bashed VY.

What leader does not stay in the facility to get treatments for an ankle injury? He is the QB he is supposed to set an example for averybody.

2. thepoonerboy

thepoonerboy Jake "Lockout" Locker

Did the ankle in question need the treatment?

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Is this a joke or are you been living under a pile of sh*t

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Whitlock's article hits on several points......... I think he has been pushing Young's buttons since Bud made him start at 0-6 last year. We finished 8-2 to go 8-8. It started this year with the Pitt. game, then a hurt Collins is better than a healthy Young (miami game). Fisher brings in number 84, knowing you dont get the ball he is going to blow up, so you dont try to get him the ball. The plan had to be for moss to blow up on young. When that didnt work. Knowing this kid is imature and fully expecting a blow up........he plays rusty smith and lets him finish the washington game. Then he starts rusty smith and lets chris johnson run the ball 7 times and makes rusty throw it 31, in a tight game. Rusty had no chance to succeed, and fisher can prove his point(KFC). Vince was wrong and I would cut him for it, but he was baited. Fisher wants out of here but he wants bud to pay him to leave. So he tanks the season, this is the most selfish thing I have ever witnessed in professional sports! We have a coach thats ego is more important than winning. Vince goes back in that game(wash game) we are 7 and 4 now, great chance to be 8-4 and talking home playoff game with Britt due back to make a run. Whitlock is right on! But the media is asleep, rest assured the media wont be as kind to fisher ball in big D! Hope he takes the texans job so we can beat him twice a year!

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

I did find it interesting that of all those guys on Fox... the successful coach, with Super Bowl victories... was the, essentially, ONLY one supporting Young and not Fisher.

Very interesting, indeed...

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

dude, this is is the craziest bs conspiracy theory I've ever read. I'd like to lay a "sucks" on it but I won't based on reputation. I'm having a hard time believing you actually believe that Fisher has sabotaged the season in order to spite Young and rob Adams of money. Your whole post is absurd.

7. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Here's my thought Jeff Fisher hates VY maybe not as a person always but what he represents. What he represents is a forced draft pick and a forced starter role. Jeff wanted the pick to be his and when that pick plated to he his decision. He doesn't think that benching Young or screwing with him any chance he gets ( I even am believing some of the gameplans have been purposely blan so as not to highlight him) is not harmful because he has someone just as good or better on his bench. Fisher doesn't want to accept that he is a key component of Titan success so he will continue to insert other players at any opportunity to see if someone else can "spark us". Until fisher either accepts that he definitely brings us an advantage on the field or one of them is gone this crazy dance will continue.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

The multiple-Super Bowl winning coach and the multiple-Super Bowl winning Hall of Fame QB.

VY can be a whiny diva, absolutely. Bradshaw admitted he was too. Johnson has seen his share of them in coaching, and knows that can come with the territory of highly-talented athletes. The difference between the Super-Bowl winning Johnson and Fisher is that Fisher doesn't know how to handle it and sees it as a challenge to his authority.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Fisher was sure not trying to win the washington game on defense or on offense. The game plan sunday, was sure not playing to our strengths. Maybe he is not out to sabotage our season but I will say this Jeff Fisher would drather do things his way than win! Again I am not defending vince, but I do believe that fisher knew the immature kid would blow up! Vince gave us the best chance to win the skins game period! Somebody tell me why we brought in randy moss and we will not throw the deep ball to him? Have plays for him?

The article on fox to me is valid on several points. Last question and I am done with this would fisher have pulled KFC at halftime of the Miami game had he not been hurt?

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

The whole sabotage aspect? Probably not. Fisher being a tool? Very likely. Fisher has always had his favorites and he sticks by them and disregards the others. That would be OK if he based his favorites on talent, but this is often not the case. Many examples of this over the last 16 years. Fisher probably thinks Vince is the saboteur. He probably thinks Vince will keep him and Kerry out of the HOF. I don't really give a damn about his reasons. What I see is a young QB flourishing into a great QB, and Fisher taking him out of the game at every available opportunity.

But here's my conspiracy theory. You know why Fisher is slamming Vince to the media every chance he gets? He's scared of Vince. He's afraid of losing the team to Vince. He's trying to protect his legacy of mediocrity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar