Another Jets fan here

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TAILGATEJOEcom, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAILGATEJOEcom

TAILGATEJOEcom Camp Fodder

Here's to an exciting, injury free game for both sides! You guys are not a division rival so I don't have any hatred for Titans fans, lol. I was down there for last year's game, it was a classy fanbase and a great city!

As for the game, obviously I am pulling for the Jets and have a pretty good feeling about this weeks game. I think we are going to try and rattle Collins this week like we did with Brady last week, and I am HOPING our run D which has looked decent thus far will keep Johnson in check and not let him get too out of hand. On offense, I think with Fat Albert gone the Titans haven't figured out yet how to get enough pressure on the QB, and Sanchez has looked pretty poised in the pocket and very mobile thus far. Of course, when you live by a rookie qb, sometimes you die by a rookie qb and he could lay an egg at any time just as most rookies do. The biggest thing that scares me is I just can't imagine the Titans going 0-3, regardless of who they play this week.

I pick the Jets in a nail biter.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Hehe. We try.

Yeah I think your #1 priority is going to be containing #28, as if you don't, he will outrun your entire defense. Just ask the Texans. I'd worry about him way more than I'd worry about rattling Collins.
    Also, while Al is no longer here and we haven't been pressuring the QB as much as of late, our run defense hasn't missed a beat. Just ask the Steelers and the Texans. Dirty Sanchez can expect more blitzing than normal.

My pick:
    -if we stink it up like we did the first two games, you guys will win
    -if we play as good as we did last year, we will win and it will be a long day for you guys and Sanchez

Oh, welcome aboard.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Hey... welcome. Yea, I actually generally like the Jets - I grew up a Redskins fan so I had lots of years hating the Giants. Kinda makes you a Jets fan by default. I'm glad you all are done with Favre and seem to have found a franchise QB. Love what Ryan has done with your D.

I expect more of what we saw the last time we met from your offense. Lots of 3 step drops and quick passes. Our D line actually has been productive in getting pressure, but teams are learning that we leave you the underneath stuff all day - so you can dump off all day long, and good tight ends have a field day up the middle. Hard to get to the QB when he holds the ball for less than 2 or 3 seconds. That will be the interesting thing to watch from our D - if we start really pressing at the line to force Sanchez to hold on to the ball then I expect either huge plays for him down the field or huge plays for us from the QB pressure. Just depends on how our secondary performs.

When we're on offense I expect a good bit of what we saw against the Ravens in our playoff game... a good dose of the run mixed with deep shots when we feel like we've got them. A lot depends on how Jared Cook is healing with his ankle. If he's 100% I think we'll lean on him a ton. I've never seen veterans give such high praise to a rookie before, and they talk like he's Chris Johnson at the TE position. I'd say our TE (either Cook or Scaife) is the position to watch when we're on O. Our offense is built around the TE position - when we get good production there we tend to win, and when we don't we tend to lose. Everyone talks about our run game with Johnson and White, but the TEs give the 1st downs. When they struggle we don't have enough chances for the run game to take over.

I've predicted the Titans the last 2 weeks. So I'll pick the Jets in a nail biter, too. Maybe reverse pick-ology will work for us this week. :)

4. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

You Jets fans are gonna have a Dirty Sanchez on your hands come Sunday!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

7. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

^Teddy Bruschi look alike.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I wanna kiss you. I couldn't care less about the team strugg-l-ing, I just wanna kiss you.

[​IMG]

Still funny after these years and thousands of views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc65NC44dSk&feature=related

9. TAILGATEJOEcom

TAILGATEJOEcom Camp Fodder

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

the way he says "play" and Struggling is hilarious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar