Another shooting in Colorado

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JCBRAVE, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

My band is playing tonight in Kihei. There's a couple in our fan base who's son was killed in that theater; like a true hero, he was shot when he jumped in front of his girlfriend to protect her...literally took a bullet for her.
    Despite whatever impression you might have of me from my online demeanor, the fact is that I don't deal with this sort of thing well. I get extremely angry while simultaneously feeling overly compassionate towards those who suffer a loss. I can't stand feeling helpless to do anything about things like this...turning back the clock or giving warnings or defense...life does not have comic book solutions.
    I'm not real sure I'm going to be able to maintain composure onstage. If i'm lucky I'll zone out and my hands will go on autopilot. Still, I'm thinking that I should take a pair of the dark teashades...just in case.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

XO said something about maybe it's just our (America's/Humanity's?) lack of understanding of mental illness....

MAYBE it's just that the population is 100,000,000 more in the US than in 1970. 200,000,000 more than in 1920.

I'm sure given that amount of people there are more crazies and it is not difficult to act out in a violent manner these days. Take away his guns and body armor and he'll just plant explosives made from household products in the theater.

Besides, stuff like this has happened before. Actually...

All this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

History is cyclical.

Within a year we will most likely see a copycat.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I doubt a copycat, but in the next 5 years there will be some maniac that shoots up or blows up something with completely random innocent people.

I just think the crazies that will do this are going to find a way. And technology is at the point now where it is easier to find ways to do a lot of damage to groups of people. And there are lot more groups of people.

It really is sad and sucks.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Why don't people like that ever show up at Westboro Baptist pickets?

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

They are supposed to be at the memorial service being held for the victims and their families in Colorado.

Freedom of speech is tough to deal with sometimes lol. They only want attention. I believe they are truly evil people.

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Don't put that on your CO application.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Ugh, I don't know. I mean yes, shooting that much over that period of time is not a big deal BUT, that is serous dedication. Someone who shoots that much is known at ranges. All it takes is the person doing the background check to call what range he goes to and verify.

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I have a friend who went to see the batman movie last night... in addition to all the other stupid costumes, there was some jackass there wearing a gasmask.

Hopefully someone kicked the bejeesus out of him. What a punk.

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

better safe than sorry. Did you never watch the 1989 Batman? Bet they wish they had gas masks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar