Another trade rumor

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

"AP reports a sports talk radio station in Dallas this week reported the Houston Texans and Minnesota Vikings are working on a trade involving WR Troy Williamson. The Texans were interested in drafting Williamson last year and reported to be high on his potential."

I wonder if this is for the first pick overall? A couple of possibilities occur to me.

1) Trade involves Domanick Davis and picks for Williamson, who went 7th overall last year. This clears the table for Texans to draft Bush without conflict. Vikes are deep at WR, and deep in unsuitable running backs.

2) Trade involves Williamson + extra for Houston's first round pick. Vikings look to unload Culpepper and draft QB, maybe Young.

I wouldn't post this if this wasn't the boring time. Any thoughts? To me it's not clear how the Vikes make the path to the first overall, and why the Texans are interested.

One last thought, kind of crazy. Vikes deal Culpepper to AZ for #10. Deal Williamson, #10 and #17 for #1. Draft Young or Leinart. Texans draft LenDale White or other playmaker and OLine.

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I really doubt that any 1st rounders are used. Troy Williamson and Mewdle Moore for Domanick Davis and a 3rd/2nd rounder.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

almost certain that Bush is taken #1 then.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think Bush is taken #1 regardless of who picks first. It's about the only lock in the draft, IMO.

If Bush was on the board after the second pick. This is how it would go:

Commish: The Tennessee Titans are now on the...

[Loud noises offstage like breaking glass, running footsteps, shouting... followed by Reese busting onto the stage and slamming into the podium Terry Tate-like with a card in his hand to give to Commish...]

[You can barely hear the Commish announcing the pick as Reese is doing a happy dance and whooping it up. High-fiving everyone on the front row, etc.]

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

nice one!

6. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Brown needs to step up or shut up!

Where was the Brown we saw2 years ago?

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I especially like the breaking glass. You left out Floyd doing a last "comb-over" before taking the podium, but then maybe he might forget to after all!

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Now they're reporting the Vikings wants to deal Culpepper to the Cards... neither are probably going to happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar