Antoine Winfield?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titantrusince82, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Yea, this is why I look for CB's that can hold their own against NFL caliber talent if the DL is not so good lol.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Ok. I'll watch some more Trufant tape, maybe I'll feel better after lol. This FA period has changed my opinion so much. At first I was 1000% opposed to taking Ziggy Ansah at 10 and now, while I still think we should go with the sure thing in Warmack or Cooper, I wouldn't be mad at all if we took Ziggy at 10 and Larry Warford at 39. Woods and Swearinger in the third would be nice too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Also, under Jerry Gray's God awful scheme, it's incredibly hard to sack a QB when the slant is ALWAYS there for him.

Slants set-up in 2.5 seconds, NO pass rusher in the world can get to a QB that fast unless they're coming right up the middle, and last year our DT's were very average vs the pass.

For us to be better at getting sacks, our CB's can't play 15-yards back.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

Thats what I'm thinking too, guys like Ziggy dont come around too often, so if you have a shot at one, get him!

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Get me: Ezekiel Ansah, Dee Milliner, Jonathan Cooper, Chance Warmack, Xavier Rhodes, or Desmond Trufant (in no order) in the 1st round and i'll be happy with any of the 6.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

I'm all over the place this year, I don't care who we pick-up at 10 so long as it's not a WR

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That's no lie. That's definitely a philosophical thing though, I honestly think we're the only team in the damn league that gives the kind of padding we do. I have always hated that. We've gotten slashed up so badly it's not even funny. Hopefully Williams does some tweaking and gets us back to being tough.

8. JCBRAVE

I seriously hope we blitz damn near every play this year, Brown and Ayers have learned how to time a blitz, it's not about going balls to the wall and running fast, it's about linemen stepping the wrong way and you reading that and taking off, those 2 young LB's of ours seemed to have learned this.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

It is absolutely retarded to play your corners so far off. There is literally nothing the guy can do on short routes. Fast receivers eat that cushion up anyways so what the hell is the point. Put the corner on the line in press man and make him earn his money. If you're really that scared go into cover 3 and put the corner 7 yards off max. In the lions games we lined up our corners 10+ yards off the line of scrimmage. The Lions were like on the 10. We were 5 yards deep into our own endzone. Pathetic.

10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I agree. On another note, have you heard of the Guard Tyronne Green (Chargers)? If you look on NFL Free Agent Tracker, it says he went to the Titans. It might be just a misprint...didn't know if you knew anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar