Antonio Cromartie is headed to the Jets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

ESPN blogger Bill Williamson's take on Cromartie. Not kind, he thinks the Chargers did well.

"San Diego won’t miss him. Cromartie is an overrated player. He burst onto the NFL scene with 10 interceptions in 2007. However, he’s had a total of five interceptions the two seasons combined since.

He is a major liability in run support and he has had issues in the locker room."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/19278/chargers-get-good-value-for-cromartie

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

its not the fact that i think cromartie is amazing and we missed out that makes me upset... its the fact that, i pretty much know that the titans will either pick up a no name CB in FA that doesnt have a shot at being good, or they will draft another mouton or mccourtney. mehhhh

4. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

5. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Your right. I'm not taking up for him not signing with the titans because here he wouldn't be a good fit. We need a corner to fill the void in run support when whoever it is replaces Harper. Cromartie would't be good here.

But on the Jets .....

I think we'll see him similar to 07 form in that defense. With the pressure R Ryan gets on defense alot of quarterbacks will be forced into throws. Cromartie will benefit in a defense that can get to the quarterback consistently, especially if/when Jenkins returns. And run support? He won't be needed nearly as much in NY.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Lito might be a nice pickup for us. Must've really sucked cause if I remember correctly the Jets trading for him from Philly. So either he sucked or was due too much money or both.

I think he's relatively young so he might be worth a look.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I feel ya Pac.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Cromartie is overrated. But still is a good player, and amazingly better than Harper. He's got speed but that's really it. Still though... a 3rd?! That's a steal.

Jets will have an EVEN BETTER defense, if thats possible.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Lito is a known player.

So the Titans aren't even interested.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah, they'll draft Devin McCourty. Who's identical twin brother is Jason McCourty (currently on the Titans). Devin is projected anywhere from 1st-3rd. I'd be happy if they got another McCourty :grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar