Antonio Cromartie

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Pit Bull #53, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Ok, I posted this in another thread, but wanted to make a topic for it to get others opinions.

Antonio Cromartie is the most interesting player in this draft. While we don't have an urgent need for a corner, this guy is going to be AMAZING. If he checks out healthy, you're getting a 6'3 corner who is reported to run in the 4.3s. Not to mention he benched 225 25 times!! If he wasn't injured this past year, he would EASILY be the top ranked DB in this draft and would more than likely go top 5-10. As it is now, he could land anywhere from mid 1st-early 2nd, depending if a team wants to take a chance on him. Workouts will be critical...Scott Wright told us the other day that he talked to Cromarties agent, and he said that he clocked a 4.29 and 4.31 forty time on grass. That is completely INSANE for a guy his size, even if they are off by a little. Fact is, if healthy, he's a very rare type of player, but now it will all depend on who wants to take a shot on him recovering from his ACL.

So, he has a SLIM CHANCE to fall to early 2nd. If he's there, do we bypass a need position and nab someone like him? The only negatives are: He's coming off an ACL, might be a little rusty, and that he doesn't have alot of experience. He has as much upside as anyone in this draft and could be a potential elite NFL player. Would you take a chance on him and leave, say, and LB, OT, and S on the board?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that's a tough one. i know he's big and fast, but so were woolfolk and calico. neither were vey experienced either. im starting to get turned off my by all of these 40 times. i'd rather have a football player without the best attributes.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

very tough. Cromartie goes from starting 1 year at FSU and covering scrub ACC WRs to the big leagues where everyone is fast and has quicks and can run precise routes. All he is going to do is wow everyone with his speed, but there's more to playing corner in the NFL than just having blazing speed, plus he's a medical question mark. Right now, he hasn't shown me that he can cover anyone, and the knee really scares me, especially from a shutdown corner. He is no better than Beckham was when we drafted him, a PROJECT with tons of upside, but who also hasn't played in a year, nor ever covered a quality WR. Name one shutdown corner who's ever blown out a knee, and played well, actually, I can't even think of one that's blown out a knee.

4. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

That's another thing, though. When Cromartie did play (limited time) he was a complete stud and a playmaker. No offense to them, but Calico and Woolfolk can't hold a candle to Antonio's skill when healthy.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't know, Cromartie is twice as much of a question mark than Woolfolk was. Woolfolk was very solid in college.

6. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

The fact that Antonio could go higher than Woolfolk did, in one of the deepest, strongest drafts in a long time, despite his injury, should say alot about his skill.

By most accounts he would be the #1 rated DB in any other draft if he were healthy.

Take him or go for a position of need?

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Woolfolk was an excellent college player.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

9. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

I for one think we could use our second round pick better, I am of the belief that our linebacking core is where we go round two.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

or safety
    or Max Jean Giles (OG)

or like NFL Draft Countdown mocks it @
    D'Qwell Jackson (ILB)

Manny Lawson (DE/OLB) is also worthy of a look

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar