Antwan Odom

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Jul 13, 2012.

?
  1. Hey why not, lets give him a chance

60.0%
  2. Heck no! Lets stick with the guys we have

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How many posters didn't even bother to pull up a wiki on this guy?

How many posters were even aware that Odom did not play in the nfl last year and was signed by nobody!

16 posters want us to sign this guy!

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

First off, I don't need to Wiki him... I get to watch and hear about nothing but Bengals up here.

Second... if, IF, he signs cheap enough for camp, FOR CAMP,, what harm can it do?

If he makes the team, fine... if he doen't, fine. Who cares?

It would literally do us ZERO harm to sign him.

Plaxico was shot in the leg, also... at least Odom didn't shoot himself.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea I'd say we all knew about that stuff. This is GoTitans, not Titansreport

And again, we employ SenDerrick Marks. Even a hobbled Odom would be an upgrade to that scrub.

And before you tell me one is a DE, and one is a DT, ok I realize that. Point is, one has no business being in the league.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I suppose the team would work him out if they were interested to see if he was 100% healthy. I agree he is probably done but this rant about how we have Douz and Shepard as if that is some reason to not bring him in is idiotic. We aren't talking about bringing the guy in in mid season. Even if they signed him and he was "done" we just cut him. Not that big of a deal. He actually fits into the scheme pretty well if he can play as Morgan's backup on the strong side.

The way I see it Odom is a seperate issue as far as his health (either he is healthy or he isn't). But anyone saying we are set with Ball, Douz and Sheppard needs to take another look. IMO if Odom could come in and prove he is worthy of a roster spot all the power to him. It isn't like the bar is real high on this one. IMO Ball is done (we should hope Scott Solomon shows enough to take his roster spot) and the other guys are totally unproven. While the starting line up looks decent now with a healthy Morgan and Wimbely (add in Ayers as well at DE on passing downs) we could still use some depth be it Odom or someone else.

Apparently the Titans are idiots since they are one of two teams "monitoring" his situation. http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/4/2...-end-antwan-odom-looking-to-return-to-the-nfl

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

As for the general point of bringing in a guy for minimum cost for competition?

That could be anybody! There dozens of candidates for that. That's really all Douzable was.

You have to do better than to just b*tch about what we have and say we need more bodies you have to say why he is the body!

He played his last snap on 10/03/2010! What would make any clear thinking person think that can offer anything better than what we have?

We could find people off the final cut that might have promise. Maybe a 24 year old kid that we think we can coach up but not some washed up beaten up 30 year old.

As for Marks? He will compete with smith for a roster spot.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Again... what harm will it do to bring him in?

Sounds too much like arguing for the sake of arguing.

7. JCBRAVE

BTW RollTide, I agree with you in that it would be a waste of time to add Odom, but my point is simply that we already employ some God awful D-Linemen, so IF Odom was added, I wouldn't care.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Soxcat's link is a reason not to want this guy. Thanks!

He might be a child molester!

He was shot because he was sharing his bed with the guys kid. Great link sox!

Of course he is "looking to return" to the nfl he wants to make $700K instead of working at dairy queen!

Is the issue "looking at" this guy or getting him? Make the case for getting HIM!

And nobody on this thread mentioned the fact he was out of football last year until i mentioned it. Nobody mentioned the shooting until i mentioned it.

One poster said he was just 2 years removed from an 8 sack season and nobody corrected him. It's been 3 years.

A body and athletic ability of a JPP but always lazy going back to his days at Bama. Washburn could not motivate him until his contract year.

Find another name.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The harm is that we might miss out on another KVB or Tony Brown by going after this guy.

Diamonds in the rough.

10. JCBRAVE

Also guys, keep your eyes on Egboh. He looked pretty good towards the end of last preseason. The team also moved around late in the draft to grab Solomon. So we have some sleepers that could surprise.

IMO Dave Ball is the guy on the bubble. Never been anything too special, and with his injuries, he could be the guy they phase out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar