Any body changed their minds yet?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Just curious. The folks on this board do not believe we will make the playoffs this year. Some, like myself, do not believe we'll win more than a few games this year while others have faith in a .500 year. I am a huge Titans fan and I want to see this team in the playoffs but that's hard to see that. We went into the preseason with Volek and Brown as our big offensive weapons even though both of them had talked of trades prior to 2006 preseason start. I stated earlier in preseason that it was difficult to feel positive about the 2006 Titans knowing the starting QB and RB would not start in 2007 and most likely, they would not be apart of this team. If their future in 2007 is almost nonexsistant, what does that say about 2006? Anyway, as it is turning out, not only will these two will not start in 2007, it looks as though they may not start in 2006. Meaning that our QB situation has changed a week or so prior to opening day vs the Jets, not a good sign. Although Chris is listed as the starter, I've heard talk of Henry as our starter vs the Jets. This does not sound positive, this sounds very negative. Also, the Titans, (Bud), have brought in a hired gun to oversee operations, another positive situation?
    The short of it is, does anyone still believe that this team can reach 500 this year?

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

There's always a chance, are you kidding me? Look, people have a tendency to make grossly overexaggerated statements on this board, based on things that are less ground-breaking then they'd probably like to admit.

That said, I don't think we have enough things in place to have a successful season. Volek is obviously very unhappy, O-Line work has been atrocious, D-Line depth is very thin, among other issues with the coaching staff IMO. That's not good. I expect 7-9 if some things come together, but other then that, I can't see a record realistically over 8-8.

3. .500 if EVERYTHING comes together perfectly

4. Titan

Titan Guest

I think I voted 9 and 7 in the poll. Ill stand by that.

5. 9-7 you mean.

7-9 is my predictionie anyway.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

A lot hinges on us beating the Jets which I think we'll do. If we scape to 2 - 4 before the bye week I think that'll be a fair result. That'll give us 2 weeks to prepare for the Cows.

I don't buy the hype surrounding Miami & the Skins are looking a bit suspect right now.

We simply have to beat the Ravens. The last game against the Pats might be a win if they're in a position to rest starters for the play offs.

I think if we're going to improve it'll show in the 2nd half of the season. We definately have a shot at .500.

My picks for the W column:

Jets
    Skins
    Texans
    Ravens
    Jags Eagles- McNabb will be injured come November
    Bills
    Pats

:grrhee:

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I say 2-14, and I'm being generous

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i was thinking 7-9 before the preseason. i really thought our defense was going to come together and was at least going to be physical. now im just hoping we finish ahead of the texans.

9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I keep on doing this, but I can't help myself. K-Z is right yet again. Are there questions and depth issues? YES. Is this team still a year away from even being PO-contenders? YES. Was this a surprise? NO...:suspect: And besides - it's still preseason. Let's not throw in the towel before the games even count.

10. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Tough schdule. Best case scenario is 8-8, we are a young team right now, and we need some time to develop. But hey, any team can win any given sunday, so anything could happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar