Any chance GM....... and Jeff Fisher..???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I dont really feel like blame should be placed on Kerry at all

I first blame Reese for balking
    then I blame the OC for not making adjustments

but I place the bulk of blame on Chief Red Hat

2. We had Volek and Young split most of the snaps pretty evenly in camp (Mauck and Hodges didn't get too many relatively). But if Collins had been there as well, they would have had to split them 3 ways (really less than that for Young). Collins would have needed a large percentage of the snaps just to learn the offense because he would have needed to be ready in the short term. That wouldn't hurt Volek's snaps too much because as the #1 QB he still would have gotten a lot of snaps. But it would have taken away a lot of Vince's snaps, who would have gotten fewer snaps because they then didn't need him to be ready that year.

In the end, Vince was more prepared because he got so many camp snaps.

Who knows? I just threw that out as a possibility. But if Collins beat him out, I think there would be a number of Volek's friends on the team who might have been more unhappy than they actually ended up being early this season.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it has more impact after the cuts during the preseason and during 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 work. I saw every QB get work during training camp though. But point taken.

I believe we had to back down Vince at one point too. Think you adjust practice to accommodate having three QBs in camp.

I see that as having less impact than yanking the job out from under him as what happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar