Any comments Merrill Hodge....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Yapper, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Vince managed the game..and Henry was a beast..

but the MVP was clearly...Casey Cramer

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Um....Ammo, make up your mind.

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Merril Hodge is a buster and he sucked ***, besides he was a corny ***** fullback, what does he know, really. I don't know why they think just because you're a former pro athlete you're an "NFL EXPERT". He suck's and I honestly believe that VY will be a force in this league soon, and not just because he's on our squad, he's a bon a fide, Leader and Quaterback. Will he be Peyton Manning???? NO, HE WILL BE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TITANS!!!!!!!!!! GO VINCE YOUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

As the game was ending and the Titans were just handing the ball off trying to scrub clock I was saying to myself "Kerry Schwartzing Collins would definatly fumble a snap in this situation"

Titans find a way too lose if kerrycollins played sunday no doubt in my mind.

Give VY his first W, which is one more than kerrycollins will get as a Titan.

5. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

What Vince brings to the table is his leadership, not the stats. His presence, asertivnes and confidence are transmited on to his team-mates and make them beleive what he beleives: "there is no way I can lose". The difference between winning and losing is playing on the same page and everybody beleiving that they can not lose. Way to go Vince!!!

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

No one is saying that Vince screwed anything up or is playing badly. The guy is doing good things, and is a great leader for this team. However, in terms of QB skills, he hasn't proved himself yet, so we can't really say he's proved Hoge wrong. I certainly think he will. He looks like he's getting better, and I hope we'll have a game before the year is out where Vince is the deciding factor in a Titans' Win. Not having an INT today was great, hope he keeps it up. First game of the season where the titans had a positive turnover ratio. +2!

7. lowery21

lowery21 Guest

Vince must have stolen Merrils girlfriend or something.

8. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

Vince wasn't the star of the game, but he did more than not lose the game. That throw on 4th and 2 was just the type of play Hoge says Vince can't make and was a truly great play with that guy right in his face so he couldn't even see the WR he was throwing to. In the first half, after going down 14-3, Vince did not panic and helped lead the Titans down for two scores including a nice TD pass.

Henry and the running game were the stars, but Vince played a key role in the win with some timely passing. Clearly the Titans went conservative and took passing out of the game plan completely after the Titans went up by 8 points.

I just think the team is playing better in part because the other players can rally behind a guy like Vince that refuses to accept losing, unlike Collins for whom losing has become the norm. Making that switch at QB was key IMO to how the team has played the last two weeks.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No sane woman would date a guy with a girlier name then herself.

10. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

mary hodge said tonight that vince young had an impressive throw.
    i couldnt believe my ears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar