Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Any comments Merrill Hodge....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Yapper, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. RollTide Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,051
    One game never means a thing..

There are many things to be concerned about with vince young. For one he is not dominating with his legs. 80 yards(20 carries) rushing in 3.5 games of play isn't bad but he was unstoppable in college.

Then there are the 5 fumbles. Totally unacceptable and experience doesn't automatically reduce their number.

As a passer young looks fine at this stage. 56 passing rating with 3TDs and 4 ints is acceptable for a rookie as long as he keeps improving along the way but i'm concern about his accuracy. He must complete 50% or more of his passes.
  2. Hoffa Freak you you freakin freak...

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $285
    VY accuracy % would be higher if receivers caught the passes that he delivered into their hands, but they dropped.
  3. RollTide Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,051
    Hoffa...

He also seems to have a pass or two every game that could have been intercepted but is dropped.

Edit stat note, young is 47-99 so far this season. If he completes 5 straight passes to start his next game he will be 52-104 50%.
  4. RollTide Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,051
    Hawk..

I just think the team is playing better in part because the other players can rally behind a guy like Vince that refuses to accept losing, unlike Collins for whom losing has become the norm. Making that switch at QB was key IMO to how the team has played the last two weeks.
    ---------------------------

Exellent point
  5. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $8,590
    roll,

one of those fumbles was actually a bad shotgun snap, which goes against vince's stats and the other was a botched snap from under center at the end of the first half in the chargers game.

so it's not like he is just dropping the ball in the middle of the pocket. but i do think fumbling has been a little bit of a problem dating back to college. when he tries to evade pressure he does kind of leave the ball out from his body.
  6. Vigsted Starter

Moolah:
    $1,367
    Says all the more about your choice in women then :ha:
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $1,218
    ask Bipolar about my choice in women.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $82
    at lest one of VYs interceptions was as end of the half hail Mary, yes they are picks, but a non event game wise.
  7. RollTide Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,051
    GoT is right..

Take away that one meaningless int and vince has the same ints to Tds which isn't bad.
  8. Vigsted Starter

Moolah:
    $1,367
    That could be misinterpreted in so many ways....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.