Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Any interest in a late qb?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitansWrath, Apr 27, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. TitansWrath Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $293
    There are still some interesting qb's available. Any interest in getting a large round qb with lots of upside?

Which one? I'm interested in Bray, Wilson, Barkley, in that order. Not until our second fifth though.
  2. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $12,955
    I wouldn't mind it in the 5th or later as you said. All of these late round picks are gambles anyway. Might as well gamble on the most important position on the field. That said, I don't see us actually doing it.
  3. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,868
    Bray in the 5th/6th. Tyler Wilson will not make it out of the 4th and I have other defensive positions I would like to address in the 4th.
  4. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,365
    Tyler Wilson please.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    I just said the same in the draft day thread. Get a value, let him challenge Rusty or stash him on the practice squad.

I hope Locker becomes a stud but the jury is out right now. Fitz might be a decent #2 for a couple of seasons but it's obvious the Titans don't have plans to ever make Rusty the #2. Why not use a 5 or 6 on a guy with a big arm to develop?
  5. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $12,955
    Agreed. Fitz is a more than serviceable #2. But if Locker fails, I certainly don't want Fitz being our starter in 2014. Why not bring in a late round QB with some upside? That way they are at least familiar with the system and can compete heading into 2014. Of course it may be an entirely new system if Locker fails as the coaching staff would most likely be gone (unless Fitz steps in and gets it done or something).

I really want Locker to be the answer. I'm praying he steps it up big time this season. But I just think we would've seen more from him by this point if he were going to be that guy. I know he has some legitimate excuses. But they're still just excuses in my book. Those top level guys find a way to overcome.
  6. Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

McNair
    Moolah:
    $9,288
  7. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,218
    We first need a DE MLB DB and maybe a RB. After we grab that then we can talk QBs
  8. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,365
    DE, RB, MLB, DB in order.
  9. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,355
    I have a bad feeling we might go Bray as a project type guy.