Any Photoshop/Graphic Artists here?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Finnegan2win, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Hey guys, I'm trying to get a shirt design formatted to print for a screen printing shop, but I'm not real hot with this kind of stuff. Here is what they told me they are looking for:

"The graphic works best in a vector (layered) format, which is sometimes referred to as an .eps file format, depending upon the graphic software used. Graphics provided in a vector format can be adjusted to the size needed without worrying about distortion."

If anyone knows wth they are talking about and wouldn't mind converting this for me I'd appreciate it!

Here is the design I want cropped out for the shirt:

[​IMG]

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If you stamp that current image to vector it will not look exactly the same as what you're seeing there - and you can't retroactively make accurate layers from a flat image.. The most accurate representation would be to recreate the art in vector from scratch.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Finnegan2win

I'd have to freehand it? Ew. It wouldn't need to look perfect because the screen printing in itself isn't always 100% accurate.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What is the Icarus Account?

5. Finnegan2win

A band..:guitar:

Here's an eps file for a shirt I had done a few months back, no clue how to do it with colors like the new design but maybe check this out and see if it helps?

Old design

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'll look at it when I get on my Illustrator machine at work. What is the native filetype for your new design?

7. Finnegan2win

it's a JPEG, 600x600 is the highest res I could find for it.

edit: I found a site that supposedly converted it from jpeg to eps but I don't have any software to check the result, here is what the site gave me:

New design EPS

Site URL

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Technically the EPS extension isn't what they're after I suspect - but the vector version of the image. You can enlarge a vector to any size without degradation.

Who is doing your Tshirt printing?
    KD at Stikman Records is always looking for business
    http://stikmanrecords.com/ and I know he doesn't require vectors.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That'd be a pretty easy design to mock-up in illustrator.

10. Finnegan2win

Yeah they want the vector version; it's EmbroidMe in murfreesboro that would be printing it.

Do you get referral $ for plugging stikman? ;) I'll send them an email but I didn't see anything on the site regarding that service hmph.

DW if you wanna give it a while by all means.. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar