Any word on USC pro day?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by dman050586, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

There's a clip of Matt Leinarts pro-day at espn.com, as well as interviews with Chow and Fisher. To me he looked good and I would not be sad to see us draft him as the #1 QB.

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

White didn't seem concerned about not being able to work out. "I'm the only true big back in the first round, and people who want the physical runner are going to have to look at me," he said.

Is this kid getting career advice from Maurice Clarett or something? Sounds like he's got a sense of entitlement.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

36 of 46 with 4 drops and several "floaters". Leinart admitted himself he wasn't as sharp as he would have liked to have been. Plus he didn't run- wonder why?

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

he didn't want people calling him Matt Clarrett

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I heard they couldn't get the calendar working.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, I would have liked him to run as well, but unlike VY it's not an integral part of his game, so I understand why he skipped it, although I think he should have done it.

And personally I don't put that much stock in the actual number of completions in these excercises. Unless his throws were all over the place, the important thing is to see how he sets up, releases and how the ball gets there.

7. bromike

bromike Guest

it's very interesting how everything is hush hush on Leinart's pro day. As much as the media loves Leinart his pro day must have been totally unimpresive.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well I guess the Titans are still stuck with Young as the #3 pick in the mock draft.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yea, I would assume if Cutler or Young missed 10 passes we would have heard comments like they were going to drop. Seems like Leinart wasn't spectacular at all and we don't hear anything.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think the main difference is that Leinart has been one of the top passers in the nation for the last three years while Young and Cutler have only recently made that claim. I don't think there is any reason to think that Leinart can't throw all of the sudden. I'm sure he just had the jitters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar