Anybody watch the skills challenge thing today on ESPN?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by steverife, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

A few observations...

1) Mallett has an amazing arm. It is sometimes hard to see this in the context of a football game. Locker and Dalton struggled a bit. I still hate Locker.

2) Pettus from Boise State looked real good. He has really good hands.

3) My boy Von Miller was 5 seconds faster than the other LB's (Sheppard and the white dude from Ohio State) in their obstacle course.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Did Mallet throw the ball really really hard?

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I caught part of it....Locker really impressed me with his interview. Said the scouts told him he needed to work on getting his feet under him more, that when he doesn't it caused the ball to sail (we saw this in the senior bowl). He said he was working on correcting that. I really liked how humble he was in admitting his flaws and working on them. It goes with the reports I have read from scouts saying he has intangibles similar to Tebow.
    This kid dropped on my board after the Senior Bowl, but if that performance somehow makes him slide into round 2, I think he would be a great pick for us there.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Locker seems like a likeable guy. I just think he is all sizzle. He's had 4 years to work on his flaws.

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

He could be, which is why I don't like him as a first round pick....but he also has a lot of upside, which is why I like him in round 2. I would love to draft him and see a guy like Jim Zorn brought in as QB coach to work with him for 2 years. Now I like Ponder too in round 2, and would be fine with either as I have them rated very close, just really like Locker's attitude and work ethic. The drop he had after the Senior Bowl may actually turn out to be good for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar