Anylists say Titans "have quite a project" with Young

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Spinnaker, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

How long Young waits will be determined by whether or not we get Mcnair to stay. I don't think you can sit Young behind Volek for two years, but you can definitely sit him behind Mac for two.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think he will sit, but not because he's not ready, it will be because McNair is the man. He should get a couple of games in this year when we are getting blown out. And a few starts next year. But like I said, I think he's ready to contribute now. Not like a superstar, but better than McNair. Still only getting a few wins because frankly, we aren't good. But we will never know, because mcnair will start anyway.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

That's why you re-sign Mac, and trade Billy. :winker:

The sooner they get VY some playing time, the better.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Mac will be injured before two years.

5. SteveH

SteveH Starter

was just reading Clayton's take .. that the coaches wanted Leinart and Bud wanted Young.. do you think that split's got some truth to it?
    you've got to think McNair would like to come back for this..

6. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I think McNair was a bigger project when he came out.

7. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

My point exactly.

Besides, Mac was coming up under the all knowing and ever helpful Chris Chandler, (sarcastic ... Chris did not help Mac in any way shape or form)

In bringing Young up, I still think keeping Mac on the team is vital.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tough calll at 3..

I didn't like any of these guys at 3 but it is strange to draft such a project that high. Kami has a point about mcnair but steve was a better passer at this stage than young with a normal over hand delivery.

Hodge, jaws and schlereth(sp.?) just took young apart saying that he had so many major adjustments to make. His throwing motion, going from a one read system to a 3+ read system, taking the snap from center which jaws thought was going to be a problem.

They ran a pass play clip in which three guys were in the pattern. The WR on the left was getting loose coverage. The WR on the right was getting bump. The TE was getting triple covered. Young looked at the TE, saw he was covered and then ran the ball. The point is that he didn't even look or try to recognize the bump coverage on the right in which his receiver was open. His only read was the TE.

To see that segment you wouldn't think young was as good a prospect as tavaris jackson.

Later they did run some clips of clemons and jackson. Clemons looked great making perfect reads and throws and jackson has an absolute gun. It did make me wonder.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mcnair was not a bigger project...

Nobody had any doubt about mcnair's passing ability and passing motion.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

They can spin things to make the picks they predicted look as good as they want them. If they were "experts", some team would pay them big bucks to scout players. I think all they Young Haters out there need to give him a chance. He is on our team, not going anywhere, so support him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar