Anyone else wishing the Titans waited to draft a QB?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KelvisKblam, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea yea yea, he didn't complete half his throws in the whole quarter and a half he played :rolleyes: coming off the sidelines.

There are times during first halves where Big Ben doesn't complete 50% of his attempts. What you're yapping about means diddly.

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I admit I have thought about this, even thought about it last year before the draft. I love Locker don't get me wrong, he's the anti-VY. But, this years pool of QB's is deeper than last years and last years pool of defensive line talent was deeper than this coming years. One could argue that QB pressure is our number one weakness at the moment.

The one thing about drafting Locker is they HAD to do it, because the only QB we had on the roster at the time of the draft was Rusty Smith. What if Hass had signed somewhere else and we weren't able to sign another veteran? We had to have a fall back plan in case things didn't go as we hoped in free agency.

I do fantasize sometimes, especailly when QBs are standing in the pocket with all day to throw, about having Nick Fairley, JJ Watt, Adrian Claiborne, or Ryan Kerrigan on our D-Line. But I guess we'll either have to address that in this years draft, with the marginal talent it will provide or in free agency.

That being said, I still prefer to go WR in early in the draft. We need to set up Locker to succeed and we do that by providing weapons for him to use. Kenny Britt has been injured and missed time every year he's been in the league, so to depend on him to be back, healthy, and to play a full season would be foolish. We only have one offensive player right now that I think truly scares opposing defenses and that's CJ. They are going to stack the box against us until we get enough offensive weapons to prevent them from doing that.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Just a fair assessment. If all we have to judge the guy by is a quarter and a half- that's what I'm using.

Plus, the D was in prevent and didn't gameplan for him.

Gotta put things in to perspective.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'll ride and die by locker and if he is the worst qb out of this class ^in 3 or 4 years come find and kill me. I wanted locker long before all the titans talk and meetings and draft time showed lint to the situation. That was always my pick and unfortunately i wasn't a member here to have posted such thoughts. But i damn sure showed my ^no homo crush towards locker to my best friend who is also a monster football fan... And he will give me the grief all of you would ever plus some if that guys fails...

So not no but hell no. My dream came true. And I'm riding it out..

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If we're talking purely from drafting, Locker was meant to be a #1 pick the year before last.

So we got an equivalent at least in position, skill is another matter.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Didn't like Locker in college, didn't want him in the draft, but I'm not going to second guess. I'm on board. Hope sitting for a year or two will be good for him, since he really didn't get that opportunity in college.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Not the one from the former BCS Champion Tennessee.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

just like your boyfriend, make things up when your out of facts to argue.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I've had the same concerns and thoughts about Locker.....not throwing from the pocket, etc....
    But it seems to be a crap- shoot for the last few years. He still needs time, but he is ours so I'll pull for him.
    That's because of your man- crush on Locker.
    I hope he has great success but he needs time.....so let's not compare him to Big Ben just yet. (Although I can't stand him or the Steelers.)

10. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Smart QBs will choose not to play in the SEC.

If you could choose any school in the country, why would you choose the SEC when you could go to the Big 12 and play pitch and catch for 3-4 years.

By the way, explain 6 straight national championships.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar