Anyone feel Warrick Dunn would be a good fit here?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

He has veteran leadership. He would truly be a nice change of pace to Lendale. Good 3rd down back....shouldn't be that expensive and probably will sign for a 2 year deal

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Not a bad guy to have showing CH the ropes - and he's got a good work ethic. 11 years is a lot of mileage for a RB, though... could probably be a decent change-up back, but Fish still likes to leave 1 guy in and pound away. I wouldn't love the move (especially with this draft being fairly deep at RB), but it's hard to say he wouldn't be an upgrade from Chris Brown.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Moore would be a much better option.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I would be very happy with a pickup of Dunn. Quality player, person and teammate. Excellent reciever out of the backfield, pass blocker and inside runner. He could be a perfect change of pace back for our offense. I know he's getting older, but he may be able to buy us some time until we find or can develop a quality scat or backup RB. Even given his age and tread, he would by far be the quickest player on our offense.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Yup. By all accounts Dunn is a good guy and goes about the job of being an NFL player in a very professional manner; I think he'd be a nice addition to the roster for 2008.

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Go go fetch. But i'm not sure he'll be that cheap, despite his age.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Dunn will end up as a Colt. He will give coach Dungy a discount for the chance to play for a winner.

I want some of the homerun speed from this group of RBs in the draft.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Dunn would be a great option to give us more time before we have to rely on Henry. Dunn and White would be a good pair, and Henry can stay as 3rd RB for another season. Dunn won't be terribly expensive, and would completely shore up the RB position for the next few seasons. Someone mentioned that he's old, but most of his time in Tampa was split, so he's got less wear and tear for his age.

9. metal957

metal957 Starter

good pick up. Give him a 2 year deal, vet minimum with incentives somewhere in there. Show Henry the ropes

10. DJB

DJB Starter

I'd rather have Melwelde

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar