Anyone feel Warrick Dunn would be a good fit here?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If we draft or sign a 3rd RB we need somebody who can return kicks and/or punts. Dunn has been a great player but at this point of his career we really don't need him. Wouldn't be a good fit IMO.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Just put Chris Henry on special teams. Dunn is still a very good player. White and Henry can learn things from him also.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We tried Henry on STs. Nuff said.
    In the NFL RBs usually don't gradually lose their game. Typically the wheels come off in a hurry. Dunn only ran for a 3.2 average last year. I doubt he has much left in the tank. At best we would get something out of him for one more year. This draft is loaded with RB talent and there are other vet RBs we could look at that have more tread on their tires.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

question is, could Dunn's loss in ypc be due to having Joey Harrington and Byron Leftwich at QB instead of a running threat like Vick? Maybe a running threat like Vince would open things up for him?

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I agree with you here. For the smaller rb's having a running qb makes it easier to get the yards in between the tackles due to the defense having to guard the qb's on the outside. I think dunn still has at least another year or two in him for sure. He would also be a great mentor for henry and white for that matter imo.

6. smili

smili Starter

I'd like to see us consider Dunn. He's a different kind of back than we've had in a long time - in a way the kind of back Norm Chow would've liked to have had when he got here. I think Dunn would probably be #2 here anyhow and be active most games, and as often as our guys get hurt we'll need somebody like him anyhow.

And we've got enough other positions to draft - need to pick up a FA when we can because we don't have enough draft picks given the current holes to fill.

With Dunn getting carries over Norwood tells me he's still got game.

7. scottieboy97

scottieboy97 Guest

i think dunn would be a decent pickup figuring he is a different kind of back than lendale and it would give us a mix up and a nice one-two punch

also who better to mentor lendale and chris henry than one of the most productive backs in the past 10 years

8. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

i would love to see dunn as a titan. Have him come in like all of u said show henry the ropes, lendale as well. Kiss chris brown the bust goodbye, and get an eddie george like veteran leadership in the locker room. Its been revealed wether u guys like it or not, Lendale cant carry the entire load and Henry is not quite ready yet, Fish wants a back and believe it hell get one

9. scottieboy97

scottieboy97 Guest

i wouldnt exactly call him a bust.

he was a third round draft pick and we knew drafting him he had some learning to do.

his biggest downfall was not changing his style of running. he was a bruising, eddie george sized, back but he ran straight up and down which makes breaking tackles almost impossible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar