Anyone have Ulnar (funny bone) nerve damage?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bobo, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Just been diagnosed with this :-/ Been living with it for awhile, but probably went to the doc a little too late. The pain is in both elbows and also in my wrist and pinky/ring fingers. He said it doesn't look to be affecting my muscles yet, which is good.

He said we should probably do a surgery at the elbow to move the nerve and relieve the pressure on it. I want to know the most I can about all this before I make any decision.

I'm sure my activities through the years - playing guitar/bass, painting, my job, lifting weights, maybe even long periods of typing - have caused the problem, but the kicker is there's one activity I can't give up.....guitar :guitar: Well and my work lol, but I don't think it's that bad. I have cut down on my guitar playing to ease the pain, but I don't know if I could ever play a 2-3 hour show again or even practice that long if I ever got back in a band. Gave up working out quite awhile back.

Anyone have any experience or suggestions on this deal? Thanks a lot for any thoughts ;)

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Never even heard of that. That's scary Bobo. Hope it turns out ok for you.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Guitar must endure!

In January 1948, Les Paul was injured in a near-fatal automobile accident in Oklahoma, which shattered his right arm and elbow. Doctors told Paul that there was no way for them to rebuild his elbow in a way that would let him regain movement, and that his arm would remain in whatever position they placed it in permanently. Paul then instructed the surgeons to set his arm at an angle that would allow him to cradle and pick the guitar. The rest is history..

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Now that's my kinda inspirational story....and one I'd never heard. Kick ***.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That story alone is worthy of getting your name on a Gibson, let alone the fact that he played so well

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Move to Hawaii, Bobo! You won't have to worry about playing guitar again because you won't find anyone to jam with you.... unless it's on an uke.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well I thought maybe I'd take up singing for my musical outlet, but unfortunately I was born with a horrible singing voice.

I still want to move to Hawaii anyway ;)

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

what guitars do you own?

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

A Kramer, 4 Ibanez's, 1 ESP, and 1 Fender. Going to have to sell a few. Wish I had my old Telecaster back, even if it'd be more for looks than hours of crappy riffs.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'd just like to have Tele period...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar