Anyone have Ulnar (funny bone) nerve damage?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bobo, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

whenever i have two grand to spend on nothing i'm buying the slash custom les paul

[​IMG]

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Ah, but the Slash guitar is a Standard, not a Custom;)

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I need to update this old photo with the newest arrivals..
    [​IMG]

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Damn you Jeano with your nice collection :irked:

Can't believe I've never owned a Les Paul. Loved many of them I've played, but I guess it was the price that kinda turned me off of the really nice ones. OTOH, I could have one with the money I've spent on lesser guitars.

One thing I like (or think I'd like) about some LP's is they come from the factory with the Plek fret dress. I think I may take a couple of my guitars to Joe Glaser in Nashville to have them Plek'd.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I thought Plek was all about customizing the fret dress to a player's specs.. I'll have to look into that. I used to get fret dresses and set-ups from a dude named Kevin Kauffman in Florida. He was the guy that designed the Jaco Pastorius J-bass and would re-assemble Jaco's bass every time he smashed it into a million pieces.
    I also knew Jaco and have some wack stories about that guy if anyone here is a fan..

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I have heard people say the Plek is best for your specs. I've heard you should use the same strings for awhile and get the neck used to that tension before taking it to be Plek'd. Gibson and other manufacturers (Suhr I think?) are using it out the door. Not sure if it works as well that way, but it'd seem it'd only make a difference if the player changed strings and/or tuning. I'm looking for ward to talking to Joe Glaser about it.

Can't say I'm a big fan of Jaco Pastorius (do appreciate his talent though), but I'm up for story time. A friend raves about the guy and says he's one of the best bassists ever. He for sure would like to hear about Jaco.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar