Anyone kinda miss Vince Young?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

I think of the day when we play the Ravens again, and the hell we will put them through.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

We'll see how FLUCO does when he doesn't have half of the defense he had last year.

3. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

As always Jim, you are a wise man.

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

I miss the prospect of "what could have been" when he was originally drafted... then after his rookie season.

After that... I don't know what happened. They broke our Vince Young. I'm not sure if it's just him, if Norm Chow's offensive philosophy screwed him up... I just don't know.

Now... I don't know what to think. Part of me would like to see him in the game, just to see what he could do with a competent running game, defense and more receivers than Bo Scaife out there...

5. Agreed. Kerry Collins is the man right now and he has my full support, but I still have that side of me that wants to see VY play. He is a huge question mark right now and I am in need of an answer.

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

in my thought, vy is done in two tone blue. i am sure he will be a great qb someday, but we are not going to hold on to him and wait for that day to come

7. amy

amy Starter

VY's success depends on how fast he learns and his emotional stability. Most likely we will have some idea of his status when we watch him in preseason. Until then, all is conjecture.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

when i think of VY I think mostly of what might have been... I keep going back and forth.. (I am bipolar) but for the most part what I believe happened in week 1 is so hard to shake... and the whole suicide thing was just weird... Vince Young just has to show me at this point. He's done enough to indicate that he is not the Black Jesus that we all hoped he was... but it's all a matter of opinion and that varies by the person... and only time will prove someone right... What I mean I guess is that there are two kinds of Titan fans in regard to VY... those he will surprise and those he will disappoint.. We all will hope for the best, but it just so happens that some have more hope than others...

me? put me down as someone who he could potentially surprise... I'll cheer him on... but I will be among the first to boo him should he turn the ball over and then head for the bench to sulk... sorry folks.. I buy into the idea he quit on us in week 1 then felt so horrible about it the suicide drama came about. Fisher was wise to play Collins and stick with him...

but I will be very happy should Vince turn into a real starter.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

man you crack me up! if i was a crack head i'd read your big comments to get a good crack. you know why i like stuff? yeah baby!

10. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I felt the same way during as well as after the game. When you play as the Titans, a lot of games will be close. This almost guarantees controversy on questionable calls.

I am sure we have all heard it a million times before about, if you don't want it close do something, but its not all that simple.

At the last possession, they were sticking closer to our receivers than ticks on a hound. That is the same way we would have played them if the roles were reversed, in my opinion.

Chris getting pummeled, I believe, was the big factor in the loss, along with two untimely fumbles in the red zone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar