Anyone lift weights at home?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bobo, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think it's going to work out better for me than trying to make it to the gym. I have very few dumbbells (15, 20, 25, and 30). I'm thinking of getting this bar http://www.fitnessfactory.com/Item.aspx?ItemID=102&ItemLabel=OB48%3a+Olympic+Combo+Bar

Looks like I can do regular curls and hammer curls. Then some tricep extensions. Military press, and maybe some more exercises.

some plates http://www.fitnessfactory.com/Item.aspx?ItemID=439&ItemLabel=OPT%3a+Steel+Grip+Olympic+Plates

some more dumbbells http://www.fitnessfactory.com/Item.aspx?ItemID=226&ItemLabel=SDX%3a+Hex+Dumbbells

I got a bench for bench press, flys and such. I'll ride a bike to work the legs. Anyone wanna throw in some ideas like other weights, bars, or places to buy?

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Cool if you don't want to have the right equipment to properly work your core muscles...

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Lots of 12 oz. weights. :drink:

I have a few sets of dumbbells but not enough space for a full set which I would love (if I had the space).

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Maybe if you lost weight you'd have the space...:))

5. TitanJeff

:grrhee:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I just carry the weight of the world on my shoulders. :brow:

<---- I think Rosario there would have some good advice on strengthening your back and core.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Not enough room, and can't spend a lot of money. I know I'll miss things from the gym, but I'm not even trying for a total body workout.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Stick with the gym.:))

Lifting weights at home sucks. Whatever you buy will end up gathering dust.

9. TitanJeff

True. Most lack the discipline or there are too many distractions at home.

I tried to haul some old thigh busters and some rubber band exercise thing the wife had to the local charity where you can take old furniture and stuff. They won't take exercise equipment because they can't sell it they used to get so much.

There is one cool adjustable dumbbell set that takes up little space. You dial the weight and it somehow adjusts accordingly.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Then there's nothing wrong with that. Home gyms usually have mixed results. Like someone mentioned, a lot of times they just collect dust. The kinda good thing about paying a gym membership is that it forces a lot of people to exercise (some don't, but then it's all a waste right?). But, for someone who just wants to work their arms and what not (sounds like that's what you're doing), it's usually works out nicely.

But since I've been working as a personal trainer, I always have to stress about the core muscles...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar