Anyone use Netflix?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Bobo, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I had Netflix a few years back, and didn't like it because it would take 2-3 weeks to get a new release (always a waiting list, especially for a really popular release)
    and like CC said, they were often dinged up and wouldnt' play.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I have had that problem on the odd occasion, but not the big wait for new releases though.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I had it when Netflix was fairly new, they probably got the wait time fixed.
    I was part of a class action lawsuit people had against it. I think I could have collected about 10 bucks, but didn't bother.

I've been thinking of trying it again, too.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Do they send to Australia? :brow:

5. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I've used both in the past and liked them both. What I'm onto now is Redbox DVD. Have you guys seen these? They have them in McDonald's restaurants. I don't know where else they have them. You can order online too I think.
    Anyway, it's cool. It's a dollar a movie. You get them from a Redbox vending machine, and they email you a receipt. Good selection.

They do charge you a dollar a day per movie though, and that's not as good a deal for some people as netflix. I love it though. I've probably rented 10 movies this month.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

So I'm guessing the queue deal for either Netflix or BB means you put your name in for a movie and wait your turn in line if it's not available to be shipped out right at that moment?

I'm guessing another advantage for BB is game rentals? Does that work just like the movies?

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not sure about the games, but I just recieved Pinky and the Brain volume 3 just this past week. PatBv3 was a new release tuesday. Honestly I have not had the waiting issues that others have talked about.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Maybe they have shipping centers close?

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Games arent included with blockbuster's deal. There is GameznFlix.com though. I use it. It's cheaper than Gamefly and sends the games faster - also has movies. So, it's a pretty good deal if you're wanting both.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

No - the queue is a little like your shopping cart... You go through and add movies you want to see into your queue - they ship the next one in that list as soon as they receive one back from you. I don't think we've ever requested a movie that wasn't available. In a year we've had 1 that wouldn't play, in which case you go online and report a problem with the disk, and they'll send another without waiting to get the bad one back. The queue is nice because I was always hearing about movies I wanted to see, but would totally forget what they were after 2 days... now I just load them up in the queue as soon as I hear about them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar