AOL Sports predicts QB busts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

They don't mention Volek. Is that a surprise? I don't think so.
    Here's who they picked;
    Trent Green, KC. Why? They think he's too old.
    Jake Plummer, Denver. Why? They have no faith in him, speaking of the Broncos coaching staff.
    Culpepper, Miami. Why? Knee injury
    Drew Brees, Saints. Why? Shoulder surgery and basically playing for the Saints!
    David Carr, Houston. Why? No O-Line for protection.
    Think they got it right?

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think it's easier to call someone a bust when they have great expectations. All of those QBs have had someone saying they were great at some point (and several of them have been great at times), but now they could take a drop. It's harder for Volek to drop when the expectations aren't that high.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

You might be right about Volek. Being stuck behind McNair for so long, he hasn't had a lot of time to show his game. This will be his year. There are several Titans on the 'bubble' this year but that's a different post.
    David Carr might be the one QB on that list that might not have made the list if he played for a differnet team.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

put Carr behind a decent line and he'd be a high caliber QB
    (wouldn't hrt to give him some weapons like Harrington got)

5. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Mr. Carr will have his O-line this year. I expect his sack total to go down by 20 at least.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Do you think he can keep it under twenty?

7. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Go down by 20...so instead of 160 this season, it'll only be 140. :brow: :lol:

8. Overalls

Overalls Starter

He was sacked 68 times last year, so I am predicting, we will only give up somewhere around 45.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

man, that's alot.

10. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Sadly, for us 45 is not bad. It would be the 2nd fewest we have ever given up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar